Tips for our first visit, June 2024

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt B

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, My wife and I have booked a visit in June and were looking for tips and suggestions on Dive sites, Restaurants/Grocery stores and some fun activities while there for the week. We have booked Nos Krusero and All West diving for tanks and 2 days of boat dives. So looking for some great shore dives and beaches as well. Any must see sights? Breweries? Road trips? Let us know, Thanks in advance. If it matters, AOW and DM certified. Hoping we enjoy as much as Bonaire last year.

When we do our trips out that way we will do most of our shore diving across the the street and go west playa kalki. They have a great set up for diving, there is a beach and beachside restaurant. We drive to Lagun and cas abou for beach shore diving with cas abou having the nicest beach of all three. We bring tanks to lagun but rent tanks at cas abou bc with the rental you get to use their beach dive facilities and local advice on dive conditions and current fish life sightings

When we do our trips out that way we will do most of our shore diving across the the street and go west playa kalki. They have a great set up for diving, there is a beach and beachside restaurant. We drive to Lagun and cas abou for beach shore diving with cas abou having the nicest beach of all three. We bring tanks to lagun but rent tanks at cas abou bc with the rental you get to use their beach dive facilities and local advice on dive conditions and current fish life sightings
Great tips, Thanks

Cactus cafe for a nice dinner and blue view for a late lunch and cold beverage

Westpunt is a sleepy town. You will need to drive into Willemstad for breweries. Playa Kalki is my favorite site on the island. Playa Piskado next door is also a great site. Guaranteed turtle sightings. Get there early to avoid the turtle circus of the tour buses. For beautiful beaches, Cas Abao is a must! I would recommend packing a change of clothes, shampoo and your 5 step beauty regime(okay, just kidding about that part-sort of), and head to Blue Bay for a wall and garden dive. Use the shower facilities and check out one of the breweries in town.

In Westpunt, you cannot go wrong with Sol Food, Cactus Cafe or Isabelle off the Beach. Be sure to make reservations.

Westpunt is a sleepy town. You will need to drive into Willemstad for breweries. Playa Kalki is my favorite site on the island. Playa Piskado next door is also a great site. Guaranteed turtle sightings. Get there early to avoid the turtle circus of the tour buses. For beautiful beaches, Cas Abao is a must! I would recommend packing a change of clothes, shampoo and your 5 step beauty regime(okay, just kidding about that part-sort of), and head to Blue Bay for a wall and garden dive. Use the shower facilities and check out one of the breweries in town.

In Westpunt, you cannot go wrong with Sol Food, Cactus Cafe or Isabelle off the Beach. Be sure to make reservations.
Thanks, Great tips, we will check these spots out for sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom