Tired ankles from fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got certified, and right off the bat I spent a good deal of money on Force Fins. I'm SUPER glad I did. I have Fibromyalgia which causes pain and severe, chronic fatigue, and I have bad knees. My dive shop owner/instructor suggested them and I took his advice. They are very easy on the legs, and lightweight. They also are fast! I outdistanced a really big guy in class without meaning to, and I didn't even feel like I was working hard. I think you might like them because they use the thigh muscles instead of the calf muscles, but you do have to use your ankles a little with them. I don't think it's bad with them though because they are so light and short while giving you good strength in your kick. They are expensive, but I think they will be well worth it. I was very worried about having to use long open heel fins. And, you can buy a neoprene insert so you can use them without booties if you want. They will also be easier to pack because of the short length.

Back
Top Bottom