Titan...what is this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Can someone advise what's going on in the bottom photo, it's of a older Titan first stage, I've never seen an inlet that looks like this. Thank you.

88C89875-CB18-4072-96C9-EB7DB5B158BD.jpeg
34EA40EC-0E3F-4DF0-9A27-0C1F53042C46.png

Another question if I may...does anyone know if the Titan HP crowns is shared by any other models? The part number is solely allocated to the Titan but I've learnt numbers change even if the part does not. Just wondering long term viability. I prefer them to the conshelf and am in the process of swapping Connies for Titans. In fact am considering swapping all my first stages for Titans. Cheers.

Another question if I may...does anyone know if the Titan HP crowns is shared by any other models? The part number is solely allocated to the Titan but I've learnt numbers change even if the part does not. Just wondering long term viability. I prefer them to the conshelf and am in the process of swapping Connies for Titans. In fact am considering swapping all my first stages for Titans. Cheers.
Legends have same crown (122224) and HP seat (124624) than Titan ( maybe newer version is diferent, but oldest, not, see below)
scubaspares
scubaspares

Last edited:
These older models of the Titans 1sts are very good and extremely reliable.
I still would see that I could change the filter rings for the newer ones, because simply the area which can absorb possible dirt from the tank is bigger.
I think that's the reason AL changed the design.
The flat filter design is anyway not so perfect, because it has a smaller filter area than for example the usual conus design.
And concerning worries about the orifices, you know that if you don't need it extremely fast, you can get from me any parts from SP, AL, Apeks, Cressi, Sherwood, DiveRite and XS Scuba.
Just in case......

These older models of the Titans 1sts are very good and extremely reliable.
I still would see that I could change the filter rings for the newer ones, because simply the area which can absorb possible dirt from the tank is bigger.
I think that's the reason AL changed the design.
The flat filter design is anyway not so perfect, because it has a smaller filter area than for example the usual conus design.
And concerning worries about the orifices, you know that if you don't need it extremely fast, you can get from me any parts from SP, AL, Apeks, Cressi, Sherwood, DiveRite and XS Scuba.
Just in case......

Thanks Thomas, appreciate the info and the offer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom