Titanic tourist sub goes missing sparking search

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rescuers Detect ‘Underwater Noise’ in Search Area and Redirect Efforts​

The Coast Guard said that some of the remote-operated vehicles involved in the search near the Titanic were relocated in an attempt to determine the origin of the sounds.​

I'd be a little careful using Sub Brief as a reference.
I don't know anything about the guy I'm not using him for reference, I just think the footage of how they build the hull was interesting.

The banging every 30 minutes gives some amount of hope, however, the difficulty of the size of the search area and remaining time makes this extremely challenging.

The banging every 30 minutes gives some amount of hope, however, the difficulty of the size of the search area and remaining time makes this extremely challenging.
Even if they have a cable this long, I wonder if an ROV could move the cable to attach it to the sub.

Still praying.

Even if they have a cable this long, I wonder if an ROV could move the cable to attach it to the sub.
I would guess the main options would be to either somehow activate the Titan's own ascent controls (i.e. try to nudge the ballast release) or attach lift bags of some sort? I feel like a towed cable would be unfeasible at 3,800m.

I would guess the main options would be to either somehow activate the Titan's own ascent controls (i.e. try to nudge the ballast release) or attach lift bags of some sort? I feel like a towed cable would be unfeasible at 3,800m.
I have no concept of the mid-water currents there, but a fair sized oilfield boat with DP out of St. John would have the anchor handling winch and Work Class ROV to drag a cable down to snatch the submersible.

Making it all happen before tomorrow morning is a bit of a stretch. Gotta find it before we recover it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom