Titanic tourist sub goes missing sparking search

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A wise man once said "Don't go to stupid places with stupid people and do stupid things."

To me the situation pretty succinctly illustrates the point.

I guess I count them more as Darwin Award winners than tragic figures.

Here endeth the lesson.
In video the CEO seemed ro be saying he liked to play fast and loose with safety, as in taking a risk in life just getting out of bed

Easy to sit behind the computer and call dead people stupid or darwin award winners that have been doing stuff. If you ever did stuff you knew, some of it could probably be called stupid.

I've done stupid stuff and didn't die... and that's probably true for most people that leave the house and do stuff sometimes.
I've been a controlled risk taker all my young life, (wiser now, fortunately) what if the persons who paid a cool quarter mil.for the dive privilege weren't given an idea of the risk-odds of failure?
-

I feel terrible for the families and friends. The only saving grace from this tragedy in my mind is that at least it appears to be a catastrophic instant failure rather than them just sitting and waiting to run out of gas.

I've been a controlled risk taker all my young life, (wiser now, fortunately) what if the persons who paid a cool quarter mil.for the dive privilege weren't given an idea of the risk-odds of failure?
I just think it's really low rent to call people stupid after an accident. Especially, when that's the only thing they have to say.

A 19 year old died in a accident... how funny, hahaha, lets have a bunch of losers make a bunch of memes and laugh at the victims for entertainment. 🙄

-

My guess is the CEO was charismatic and able to instill false confidence.

But usb would have meant some type of connection through the hull. Bluetooth can operate through the hull, right?

There is at least one computer in the pressure vessel in videos I saw. If I were designing it, I would have that computer be the one that the controller connects to, and then use a short range (both antennas right off the hull) for the communications to the computers outside the hull.

There is at least one computer in the pressure vessel in videos I saw. If I were designing it, I would have that computer be the one that the controller connects to, and then use a short range (both antennas right off the hull) for the communications to the computers outside the hull.

Considering the inherent issues of Bluetooth and water, I think that’s the only way to make it work. Been a bit since I formally messed with programming a Bluetooth firmware stack, but from my recollection it’s a very very very short transmission distance with just water (so excluding hull materials).

Back
Top Bottom