Titanium Blue "H"Knife is it same or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freezerbrn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Ok again I don't know if I can post this here but check this out.

Can you tell the difference? The first knife sales for $35.95 at scuba connection dot com The knife in the second pic sells for $75.00 at most online DIR scuba shops. I don't know, but to me these knives look identical but with a $40.00 difference.

I just bought one, so I'll try and update this post after I get it.

FWIW Wreck diver supply dot com is selling the Blue H knife sheath for $19.00 so for $54.95 + shipping you could save a few pennys IMO.

let me know what ya think.

The no named DIR knife that looks identical to the Blue H one in the second pic.
1.gif
41YtjKpZHQL._SL250_.jpg
bt_emailafriend.gif
bt_enlargeimage.gif

Knife- Titanium 3" blade with sheepsfoot tip

List Price:$60.00
Our Price:$35.95
You Save:$24.05 (40%)

SKU:169SD

In Stock
Usually ships in 1-2 business days

The official Blue H knife from a DIR online website

Halcyon 3" Titanium Knife with Halcyon "H" Sheath

Halcyon_Knifes.jpg

Quantity in Basket:

None
Price:

$75.00

[SIZE=-1] Select Color: [/SIZE]

Quantity:

I did a cut and paste from the websites

+1 Same knife, different sheath.

The same knife is sold by several different manufacturers. If you dive BP&W, you'll want that nylon sheath though... it fits much better onto a 2" waistband.

Nice find. Looks identical. I have the titanium H knife on my waist. Just rinse and forget it. I keep an Eezycut on my wrist as well.

only thing i don't like about the blue knife (they are all the same manufacture i believe) is that when you get out via a boat or stairs, it pokes you in the stomach with the burr (tank banger knob) on the handle. I was a bit worried about it it eventially holing my drysuit & I switched to the explorer knife with the angled sheath.
So i've got a used one if you want something cheaper with sheath.

Sewing a knife sheath out of spare webbing is about the easier DIY project there is. I have a cut-off Victorinox steak knife in a custom "H" sheath!

it won't hold the "H" knife securely though (that knife has a longer handle and a velcro keeper on the stock sheath. It will hold a steak knife though.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom