To all US members...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keralucu

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO YOU ALL - HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE A GREAT DAY WITH YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS, DIVING OR DOING WHATEVER IT IS YOU DO ON THE 4TH OF JULY... (I know fireworks figure into this somewhere! And for some reason I am thinking of hotdogs/bbq's?? :p)

Hmmmmmm....Nope! Can't seem to think of it....
OHHHHH !!!...I know now....It's trim the beard day....Woohoo!!!!!
Happy Trim the Beard Day America !!!!!

Oh, so sweet of you non Americans to remember our special holiday.
This is one of my favorites. I have company coming over for a Bar B Que later this afternoon. We're putting lots of food on the grill. I'll be serving potato salad, macaronni and cheese, jello mold, chips and dips, cookies, brownies, and several beverage choices. (I love to cook) At around 8PM tonight we'll head out with our blankets and chairs and get comfy to watch the fireworks diplay.
Lots of fun.
Diving this weekend.
Wish you all were here!
:sunny:

Natasha - sounds like you're gonna be having one major feast! Enjoy it and save some room for dessert....

Gassie - don't trim the beard too much, now. :wink:

Don't you just love holidays!!

I had the best 4th of July EVER!!!

Went diving, what else is there!

Boarded the Aquatica at 9 AM, we left for Catalina at 10. Arrived a little after noon at Black Rock. My dive buddy and I jumped in at about 12:15 descended to about 55 feet and were just amazed at the activity. Surface temp was 73, water surface temp was 68 and at 55 fsw it was 66. Saw marine life haven't seen before took a bunch of oics, just hope they come out. There were also various gargonian fans, lots and lots of kelp. We were only down for about 35 minutes when my dive buddy signaled she was down to 750 psi (which was our pre dive arrangement to head back to the boat), after making our safety stop we climbed back on the boat and ate some lunch and everyone was just ecstatic and taking at the same time, "old salts" as well as the newcomers. But the highlight was when we first arrived. On the cliff overlooking the dive site sat a BALD EAGLE! Now, is that an omen or what. Let freedom ring!!

We weighed anchor and headed to our next site which was Eagle's Nest (the nest for the bald eagle btw). Arrived there about 3PM and jumped in. We again went to about 55 fsw and water temp was about the same. A sea lion cow was swimming near shore with her 2 pups which was cool. I couldn't get close enough to take pictures though. We were only at depth for about 30 minutes when my dive buddy ran into some equipment problems and then she started getting leg cramps. We didn't want to leave because we still had about 1100 psi and the scenery was absolutely fantastic but we couldn't work the cramp out, so after our safety stop we worked our way up the anchor chain.

2 other guys that I knew were going in for a 3rd dive and I decided to go with them. I never went down with them before but had been out on the boat a couple of times in the past. We decided where we were going to go before jumping in and when we would come back so they said lets go straight to the bottom and go. they went first and literally went straight down. I jumped in, signalled I was ok and descended. They were about 100 feet in front of me and I had to do some quick kicking to catch them (never again). We went to 68 fsw, the water temp was 61. We came across some underwater caverns and did some inspecting. We found a horn shark about 2 feet long just resting inside, pretty cool. I was getting low on air and advised I was going back, the boat was in sight so no need for them to come along. I was only down about 25 minutes on this dive.

We then left and headed back for Long Beach to watch the fireworks and WOW! We were half way across the channel when we had to stop because there was a wail off the starboard bow just cruising along. Don't have a clue what type, probably a humpback but this baby had to be at least 25 to 30 feet long. It was a huge.

took in the fireworks and went home very exhausted.

Can't wait til this weekend when I get to do it again.

Sorry for the long story but I am still overly excited about my best 4th yet.

Yesterday was great! We had a massive pot-luck pool party. Umongst the 100 or so guests were some former students (now dive buddies) and more than a few future students... to make a long story short, we're planning a short dive trip to perhaps the Yukon or the Coronado Islands soon, anyone else interested?

Mario,

Let me know when I may be able to get away. I have some free time in August and early September. (Weekends of course).

SOCAL,

I want to trade my 4th for yours...great trip report...one of these days.

GM...where you been man...we got rid of all the Washington yahoos a few months back. Happy days are here again.

Jimbo:)

Yeah, I had a delightful4th of July. I went to my step cousin's mansion for a party. The food was abundant: smoked salmon, chips-n-dip, assorted vegatables, and of course the beers and cocktails. Then after that, there was more food to stuf down my throat: smoked baby ribs, chickens, potatoe salad, cornbread, cabbage salad, and finally the desserts for which I couldn't even lick a frosty off the pie due to my bloating stomach. The fireworks was fabulous! Adios!
afraser31

Happy belated 4th! I strapped on my gear and took a giant stride into my swimming pool. My excuse- I had to check out the drain. Great vis., about 45 feet. Had family and friends over for poolside BBQ (w/ oyster appetizers) and pyrotechnics. Gotta love vacation!

Back
Top Bottom