to knife or not to knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CompuDude:
It is indeed. I have one sitting in a case about 10 feet away. GREAT gun.

please don't get my gun addiction re-awakned... i can't afford it, man!

:eyebrow:

mudchick:
I came across a crown of thorns starfish. He pulled out his Crocodile Dundee special and hacked the snot out of that thing and shredded it to bits. COT's are making their way to the Sea of Cortez.

holy cow!

i've heard that if you cut up star fish into pieces, each turns into a new
starfish.

hope he knew what he was doing

:11doh:

Charlie99:
I'd love to see what happens when that bullet tries to rapidly exit through a barrel filled with water!

How about trying it out on your next dive. Have your buddy about 10' away so he can report back to us on the results. :banana:
My Glock 17 is one of those "special forces" weapons specifically mentioned on the MythBusters eposide (referred to earlier in this thread) that can be specially modified to work underwater. Not a very long range, but they work, and are made to be able to do so. You do need special maritime spring cups to use it safely. Also note that there is considerable training required to do it SAFELY, due to the serious nature of concussive pressure waves that can kill the operator as easily as the target if not properly compensated for or protected against. See http://www.topglock.com/info/faq.htm for more info.

H2Andy:
please don't get my gun addiction re-awakned... i can't afford it, man!

:eyebrow:
Way to much dive gear I have to pay off before I can afford to buy any more toys that go boom. :) If you're half as addicted as I think you are, you're in the same boat as I am, and should be safe. For now.

Anyhow...knife and shears. Yes, both.

ItemLrgPic2A42489.jpg

I don't have either a dive knife or shears yet but will probably end up getting both. One thing for sure as a reminder to everyone, don't put these in your carry on bags if flying.

H2Andy:
i've heard that if you cut up star fish into pieces, each turns into a new
starfish.

hope he knew what he was doing

:11doh:

So had I but when asked about it he said it was a myth and didn't apply to crown of thorns. Does anyone have info to corroborate or refute this?

Dragon2115:
I say we should take his point one step further. The reason guys dive is because it's a sport where they can walk (swim) around looking like a human swiss army knife. Basically a gearhead's fantasy come true. :scubadive :arcadefre :)

And the problem is.....?:wink:

mudchick:
So had I but when asked about it he said it was a myth and didn't apply to crown of thorns. Does anyone have info to corroborate or refute this?

i am already suspicious of the guy.... the "reproduction" tale is either

A MYTH

or

IT DOESN'T APPLY TO CROWN OF THORNS

clearly, if it is a myth, then it doesn't apply to any startfish ...

which leads me to conclude,

THAT IF IT ISN"T A MYTH, it may or may not apply to the crown of thorns

(dang i'm on a roll)

so...

:33:

let's see... we need to figure out if it is a myth; and if it isn't, we need to figure
out if it applies to the crown of thorns

(i think that's what she said)

(what?)

(forget it)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom