To our canadian friends

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I love you guys. You are fine people but all day Sunday when the US shows yall how to play hocky its gonna be...

USAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSA....:jester:

Tom

EAT PUCK AND DIE!!!

but only until we stomp your tushies on the ice. After that it's back to being friends. :tease:

The men will do what the women failed to do!

Although as Tom said oh so nicely "love you guys. You are fine people..."

But he got the last part wrong, wrong, wrong --- on Sunday, it will be the Canadian guys showing your guys, just like the our gals showed yours!

hehehe (at least I hope so):D
GO CANADA GO

Should be an interesting game!

We're gonna skate all over you Canadian hosers, eh?

Just like the commercial for the Columbia cold outerwear where the granny on the zamboni runs over the dude frozen in the ice.

Take off, eh!

Now who's up for a game of Beer Hunter?

Ummmm, I'm pretty sure the USA can't truely get Ice Bragging rights till they master the fine art of CURLING! Yeah BABEY, eh!! :wink:

SpyderTek

PS. Not.

I'd have to say most folks from the USA still think we're talking about doing something with our hair!:D

Originally posted by DivingGal
I'd have to say most folks from the USA still think we're talking about doing something with our hair!:D

Hey! Now wait a minute. I became a curling convert during the Olympics. What at first looks like a boringly slow version of shuffleboard is actually a very interesting game. There is strategy and skill involved and it moves fater than most baseball games I've seen. When that rock thing gets to the other end and hits the opponents rock thing out of the target, they don't mess around like most popular sports.... fighting and arguing with the opposite team, fist shaking at the referees, etc. They get down to business and scoot that next rock!

I like a sport where there's no macho screaming to get hyped up for the game, no butt swatting and where I don't have to watch someone take a swallow of some beverage and spit it on the ground/floor!

I doubt curling will ever appear in Houston si I'll wait another 4 years to sit up until 3am to catch the last 20 minutes of one of the medal games. Or maybe I'll just learn to say "eh?" and go to Canada to watch it!

Is if they provide wheelchair access for "the great one" to get back out on the ice! (he is like 85 yrs old now isn't he and he is still the only one they brag about!)

As for curling, shoot I did that as a kid, most of us did! Didn't everybody here slide rocks across the ice when they were a kid at sometime? Boy what a spectator sport that is, almost as much fun as watching golf! HeHeHe!

Later, Hawk.

Originally posted by Dee
... I became a curling convert during the Olympics. ... I doubt curling will ever appear in Houston si I'll wait another 4 years to sit up until 3am to catch the last 20 minutes of one of the medal games. Or maybe I'll just learn to say "eh?" and go to Canada to watch it!

Well congratulations on the "conversion". Oh don't get me wrong. Curling is not the most exciting sport. It doesn't have all the hard contact or yelling (or spiting)that other sports have. It's a sport of strategy and skill.

Dee -- I wouldn't make you say "eh", you'd be welcome here anytime to watch or even experience it! Although I don't curl any more, I still have friends who do, I'd make sure you would get any first hand experience you'd care to have.

Back
Top Bottom