• Yes, I do pee in my wetsuit

Votes: 548 72.3%
  • No, I dont pee in my wetsuit

Votes: 190 25.1%
  • No comment

Votes: 20 2.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My long time question is why noy just make a flap. Working all day in a suit I pee all the time but I also have cut and fabricated a flap in most of my thin suits and just pee like I normaly would. No problem.

Rainer:
Again, just because some of you like swimming around in your piss, doesn't mean everyone enjoys this...
Just a question, does it bother you in any way that you are swimming around in all the P and crap of all the sea creatures around you in any way? I personally try to avoid P'ing in my wetsuit but have and will not hesitate to do so again if I need to - there's just nothing as soothing as that "aaaah" feeling when it's a cold dive :D
:coffee:

With a hood integrated into my semi-dry, I'd be peeing in my ear!

ReefMongoose:
Just a question, does it bother you in any way that you are swimming around in all the P and crap of all the sea creatures around you in any way? I personally try to avoid P'ing in my wetsuit but have and will not hesitate to do so again if I need to - there's just nothing as soothing as that "aaaah" feeling when it's a cold dive :D
:coffee:
nope
that doesn't bother me
but swimming in my own does.

Men have it so much easier if they have to go over the gunwale than women do. I can tell you that I have gone in my wetsuit on many occasions, I have squated on the swim step many times and I have even had two members of one of my trips support me as I went over the gunwale of a boat here in the northwest. Hey when you gotta go you gotta go...

From DAN;
Diving Medicine FAQs
Immersion Diuresis (Urge to Urinate)

This underwater phenomenon can strike you even if you do not have a weak bladder .

Q: As an inexperienced diver, with less than 50 dives since being certified last year, I have an unrelenting dilemma. No matter how many times I void, I always end a dive having to desperately go to the bathroom. My stomach will be bloated and I can't get my tank and wetsuit off quickly enough. I purposely don't drink before a dive, except two cups of morning coffee, and it seems I should be properly hydrated. I go to the bathroom before I get in the water and immediately after the dive. (I refuse to urinate in my wetsuit.) How can I control this? I don't have a weak bladder or any form of incontinence.

A: The answer to this interesting dilemma is based on an understanding of dive physiology. The phenomenon you describe is known as immersion diuresis and occurs whenever the body is emerged in water. Immersion, along with a water temperature that is colder than air, causes narrowing of the blood vessels in the extremities. This vasoconstriction occurs primarily in the skin and superficial tissues of the body as well as in the muscles of the arms and legs. The result: An increased volume of blood is sent to the central organs of the body such as the heart, lungs and large internal blood vessels.

The hormone that controls the production of urine by the kidneys is called antidiuretic hormone (ADH). It controls when and how much urine your kidneys make. The increased blood volume to the major vessels is interpreted by your body as a fluid overload. This overload causes ADH production to stop, which in turn allows the kidneys to immediately produce urine to lower the centrally circulating blood volume - the body's automatic response to preserve blood volume.

Once you exit the water, circulating blood volume returns to near normal - less the fluid taken to produce urine, which is quickly replaced as the body draws fluid from body tissues, such as muscles. Unfortunately, you probably will also leave the water with a full bladder.

Since we are all subject to the same phenomenon underwater, this is probably your normal response to immersion. If this situation causes problems like urinary tract infections, see your doctor. If your coffee is caffeinated, you may wish to switch to a decaffeinated brand, as caffeine is a known diuretic that also interferes with the production of ADH.

what do you do on long car trips?

well...my dad used to lock us in the camper.

So, we peed in dixie cups.

My brothers used bottles.

Then we would open the camper door which was chained and pour it out on the freeway. (we had a very nice bathroom but were never alowed to use any of the ones on the camper or the boat...)

He would time our interstate travels and was always trying to beat his last years record...very obnoxious. We had about 3 minutes at the gas stations.

In LA, you could get stuck in traffic for hours and it is a very important skill...even when driving. I am a real pro.

catherine96821:
well...my dad used to lock us in the camper.

So, we peed in dixie cups.

My brothers used bottles.

Then we would open the camper door which was chained and pour it out on the freeway. (we had a very nice bathroom but were never alowed to use any of the ones on the camper or the boat...)

He would time our interstate travels and was always trying to beat his last years record...very obnoxious. We had about 3 minutes at the gas stations.

In LA, you could get stuck in traffic for hours and it is a very important skill...even when driving. I am a real pro.

LOL! :rofl3: Where's Trucker Girl when we need her?? (OK.... prolly somewhere on the east coast, maybe Jersey today! I talked to her a couple days ago and she was truckin' along!) She can give ya ALL KINDS of pee stories! LOL

And to keep with the topic.... she pees in her wetsuit too! LOL Shhhhh.... Don't tell her I told! :wink: LOL

well, my daughter grew up peeing in her horse's stall.

We don't have P dilemmas in my family...

of course, we P in our wetsuits.

Back
Top Bottom