Tobago Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scaldwell

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, thinking of the Peter Hughes liveaboard in Tobago (had previously been thinking of Belize) for the first week in January.

Any comments as to likely conditions etc at that time of year? Obviously a hard question, I know.

What type of suit would be best?

thanks!

scaldwell:
Hi, thinking of the Peter Hughes liveaboard in Tobago (had previously been thinking of Belize) for the first week in January.

Any comments as to likely conditions etc at that time of year? Obviously a hard question, I know.

What type of suit would be best?QUOTE]

So much depends upon the individual.

Combine your tolerance level with the repetitive dive profiles afforded by the liveaboard. Then, remember that the body recovers temperature much more slowly when under the stress of living inside a moving object. Liveaboards can take a bit of wind out of your sails- and I'm not just taliking about Mal de Mer seasickness. When forced to make constant, involuntary adjustments to motion, the body's natural ability to readjust is diminished. Avoid alcohol, rest often, and use the hot tub only judiciously.

That said, the best answer to the question is to say that you may well expect water temps of 72-82 degrees depending upon variables.

Tobago is the number one Caribbean dive experience in my book. Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom