Tobermory - Diving Fatality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This post is going to get moved to Accidents but hi.

Please feel welcomed to the Board! Your thread will be moved only to better place it in a section in which you are more likely to get the answer your searching for.

Best wishes,
Vickie

Actualy I highly doubt there will be more info for this thread anywhere but where it is....... Remember - We're in Canada - the lost barren north of the 41st (41.41'17)

Anyone know what emergency services attended the scene? I might be able to dig up some info through those channels.

JJ1:
Actualy I highly doubt there will be more info for this thread anywhere but where it is....... Remember - We're in Canada - the lost barren north of the 41st (41.41'17)

Anyone know what emergency services attended the scene? I might be able to dig up some info through those channels.

Hey There,
Yes I forgot where we are...Local EMS, O.P.P.,R.C.M.P. possibly the Coast Guard likely resopnded. I only heard a brief bit on our local 6 o'clock news last night.

JJ1:

Sorry for the confusion. What my post was referring to was when this thread was initially posted in the Introduction Forum. I did suggest it be moved to the Accidents and Incidents forum. But, you're right, it's probably best placed here.

we just got back from tobermory this afternoon. this morning about 8:30am we heard from some divers outside of divers den that a guy had died on the Arabia yesterday. these divers were suppose to do the Arabia this morning at 9am and thought the water conditions were too choppy, and im assuming were a bit freaked that someone had died the previous night.

as an aside, i was somewhat taken aback when the woman at divers den (who i have had great experiences with in the past) basically said to the guy 'the conditions are fine. you are getting on that boat'. he was a very experienced diver and said 'im not comfortable doing that dive in these conditions'. she said 'sorry, the charter is booked and you are on it' in a horribly rude way. he was like 'well. i just cancelled the charter'. she told him to **** off?!? he was TOTALLY not being rude at all. she was horrible to him.

since when does a dive shop tell a diver who isnt comfortable with the conditions that he has to dive? we drove around to lighthouse point and it was really choppy.

anyway. i was not impressed. sorry i dont have more info about the fatality. i couldnt find anything on the news, or from the locals in Toby either.

Not to take another shot at Toby and the shops up there, but there's more than enough reasons for me to never go back there, and the above is but one. I'd much prefer Kingston, Brockville.....heck, just about anywhere but there.

Diving capital my a$$.

Regards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom