Tobermory Trip 29 Aug - 1 Sep

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the report Ber. I'm looking forward to joining you guys for one of these trips, hopefully next year.

I was there this spring over Memorial day...Great time to go nobody is around and great weather. We had flat water and 100+ vis on the Araiba, Forest City it was great. Check out some of our surface pics on www.divingmichigan.com already have the trip planned for next spring and i cannot wait thanks for the report

Dean810:
Great report! Sounds like much of the adventure didn't even happen in the water. I'm still a little puzzled though why Tim wouldn't wear the bunny ear hood in that cold water!

Thanks! We had a great time on the surface too, Kathy even taught us how to play Bunco :D

The water was 62 degrees at the Niagara II and Tim thought it would be that warm at the James C King so he figured he didn't need the hood. I bet if I had brought it along on the dive and offered it to him underwater he would have taken it after he found out how much colder that site was :eyebrow:

Bruce and I have been talking and both of us agree that we wouldn't mind making another Toby trip the last week of August (ending Labor Day weekend) next year. Sounds like we are going to make that happen.
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber Rabbit:
Thanks! We had a great time on the surface too, Kathy even taught us how to play Bunco :D

The water was 62 degrees at the Niagara II and Tim thought it would be that warm at the James C King so he figured he didn't need the hood. I bet if I had brought it along on the dive and offered it to him underwater he would have taken it after he found out how much colder that site was :eyebrow:

Bruce and I have been talking and both of us agree that we wouldn't mind making another Toby trip the last week of August (ending Labor Day weekend) next year. Sounds like we are going to make that happen.

Count me in!

How 'bout starting the week there, then going to Munising the end of the week?

Ken

Notso_Ken:
Count me in!

How 'bout starting the week there, then going to Munising the end of the week?

Ken

I hear there really isn't much to sport dive in Munising, evidently most of the stuff is really deep. The recommendation I got when I mentioned Munising was to go to Alpena or Port Sanilac instead.

Bruce would like to get a couple of good dives on the Arabia taking pictures of the bow.

Ber Rabbit:
I hear there really isn't much to sport dive in Munising, evidently most of the stuff is really deep. The recommendation I got when I mentioned Munising was to go to Alpena or Port Sanilac instead.

Bruce would like to get a couple of good dives on the Arabia taking pictures of the bow.

I'll second the motion that you heard about Munising. I have been up there once. In recreational limits there are about three dives that I consider decent. Much of the rest is a lumber pile.

I would recommend Port Sanilac myself. The wrecks aren't quite as far from the dock as they are in Alpena. But, they still aren't too bad in Alpena either. Another great area with all kinds of different wrecks is the Straits of Mackinac. That is my personal favorite for wreck diving in "recreational limits".

diverbrian:
I'll second the motion that you heard about Munising. I have been up there once. In recreational limits there are about three dives that I consider decent. Much of the rest is a lumber pile.

I would recommend Port Sanilac myself. The wrecks aren't quite as far from the dock as they are in Alpena. But, they still aren't too bad in Alpena either. Another great area with all kinds of different wrecks is the Straits of Mackinac. That is my personal favorite for wreck diving in "recreational limits".

Yeah, but Munising is a cheap trip for me - I can stay at my folks' house! They don't live far away.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom