Told My Jedi Master I'm Ready for 200' - need to start preparing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good point HD, that is the answer that the op needs to ponder over, what if he is fat, and grades below average. Ah he can still learn at his own pace here on SB I suppose.

Only drawback is of course the minor chance of getting blown out of the water by some <random nationality> badguy - Hunt for Red October style :eyebrow:

You don't really need O2 clean to run 50% through your reg. I've never bothered cleaning mine.

i know, i tried 55% one time :D
but my user guide says : no more than 40%

Just as an FYI, I know someone who worked for one of the largest scuba dealer/operators in the nation. One of their main brands of regulators (I know but won't mention the brand) used to come (not any more) in either standard (40%) or O2 clean versions. The O2 clean one was considerably more expensive. According to the manufacturer's instructions, if someone wanted the O2 clean one, the shop was to add special green attachments to the base regulator to signify that it was O2 clean. The green attachments were the only difference.

No, same/same.

My OMS regs came 100% O2 ready and a yellow cover and a green cover, so green to pure O2 bottles and yellow on less O2 bottles.

He's been to 850' on rebreathers a few times and routinely does 400. I'm nowhere near that but I'm ready to shoot for 200 on open circuit.

I'm looking for a good deal on a drysuit. Wouldn't hurt to have a cold water reg. Any good quality off the shelf reg or something else? Aside from the obvious what are the details? Double tanks, what size? Two computers? Three computers? Seventeen computers? Bailout bottle? What else?
9 pages of blah blah and nobody's given you a direct nor right answer to your question. You need an A99 Aquata Breather. They are available for 350 credits and will give you a bottom time of 2 hours. It's also great for traveling since it only weighs 0.2 kg.

Now if you want to go old school, you should only use the force. Before A99 breathers were around the jedi would have to use the force to regulate their breathing underwater. This device is controversal to some jedi for they believe that their fellow jedi are becoming too reliant on technology rather than their own skills with the force. In other words, it is an equipment answer to a skills problem.

You can find more info about the Aquata A99 here: A99 aquata breather - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

250px-Aqua_Breather_1b.jpg
180px-Obi-Wan_rebreather.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom