Tomorrow is my NIGHT & LIMITED VISIBILITY DIVER certification :D

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UncleDonnie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
As the title states, tomorrow is my Night and Limited Vis Diver Certification :D :dork2: < How I feel when talking to non scuba divers about it
lol. Either way the same shop that did my OW is doing this course. I finished the book a week ago and did last weeks class. Now I am on to the two open water divers tomorrow which we will start at 7:30. I am so excited lol. What is good/bad is that I just had a cold and today feels like the last day of it.

Why This is Bad: Obviously a cold! shouldn't go diving with a cold as I might have congestion
Why This is Good: Its pretty much over, I feel much less congested plus before every dive I take Sudafed for 24 hours prior as I have problems equalizing as is (so yes I took Sudafed this morning, I am taking it again in 30 minutes, tomorrow morning, then I will take it around 6:45 tomorrow). So with the Sudafed I already feel completely decongested so tomorrow I will be even better. I already have done some equalizing today in my house to make sure the Sudafed is working and of course I will do this tomorrow before the dive for safety reasons.

Either Way, Can't wait for tomorrow and I will keep you guys posted. -D OUT!

Night diving is awesome - it's a whole 'nother world down there when the lights go out, and a whole 'nother level of serenity. Have fun and enjoy it! I hope your congestion goes away in time - don't rush it if you feel blocked up, there's always tomorrow night!

Did my first night dive last night - in a local quarry. All I can say is wow!! The first 10 mins were awesome, everything so clear with fish everywhere, then everything went murky and the following 30 mins was like diving in a swamp, less than ½ metre vis. All I could see was my instructors torch and the rope we were shining our lights on. It was a mixture of wow this is great and omg this is a bit scary!

Where the vis was clear it was really beautiful, a whole different experience to daytime diving. Can&#8217;t wait to do it again!

I hope you enjoy yourself and have better vis than me!

Did my first night dive last night - in a local quarry. All I can say is wow!! The first 10 mins were awesome, everything so clear with fish everywhere, then everything went murky and the following 30 mins was like diving in a swamp, less than ½ metre vis. All I could see was my instructors torch and the rope we were shining our lights on. It was a mixture of wow this is great and omg this is a bit scary!

Where the vis was clear it was really beautiful, a whole different experience to daytime diving. Can&#8217;t wait to do it again!

I hope you enjoy yourself and have better vis than me!
Night diving is awesome - it's a whole 'nother world down there when the lights go out, and a whole 'nother level of serenity. Have fun and enjoy it! I hope your congestion goes away in time - don't rush it if you feel blocked up, there's always tomorrow night!

To Pans, I unfortunately wouldn't have "tomorrow night" it's a course with other students that they have it all marked on a calender so if I say skipped today I wouldn't be able to "make it up" until the next night dive class....next year (last class of the year) though something good is it doesn't matter as the conditions in Nahant way to risky so they moved it to next week.
To yamma, Thanks, being in New England I doubt that I will have more than 1/2 m of vis especially this late in the season but thanks and I hope so too. thats really interesting though I can't wait till next week.

To Everyone else: DIVE WAS CANCELLED DUE TO HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS. Rescheduled to Next Week Oct. 3rd

I love New England! Visited there last year during the freak snow storm in October. The people are so nice and friendly :) Your weather is similar to the UK isn't it? I've been told the vis here will increase as winter approaches - along with the cold!

I will add that so far, since July I have never felt the cold whilst daytime diving, but last night I was absolutely freezing! Defo needed an extra layer under my drysuit, undersuit and thermals.

I always wear a drysuit, much too cold here, even in the summer! Though the weather has turned the last few days, it was really cold here last night, we've had lots of flooding and weather warnings too. Hopefully it's warmer where you are! I have only ever used a drysuit so not sure how warm 7mm wetsuits are. I think if the water temps are below 10C it's recommended to wear a drysuit.

Hopefully some of the more experienced divers could advise you on that?

Last edited:
Yeah, not this year but next year I plan on taking a Drysuit course. I personally wouldnt exactly go diving during the winter anyway. lol BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom