Too many members??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

..don't let this thread discourage you. You have as much right to be here as any on the rest of us...maybe with the exception of King Neptune and Lady Diver...it's their board! I figure let them decide who can and who can't post.

but my thought would be if your tired of rehashing the same old stuff then don't .. find other stuff to talk about it ..

you can be selective as to what threads you want to participate in

my thought is that it is pretty cool to see a board of this size, and from what I can tell is continuing to grow at a fairly rapid pace... I feel lucky to be a part of it

I just checked the head count..15,599 members! I believe there were about 2,000 when I joined.

We are becoming a force to be reckoned with!! :wink:

We get much bigger and we'll be able to start lobbying Congress and stuff!!..Start throwing our weight around like the pharmacudical companies, and the oil companies and the AARP!

Come on Divers!!.. United we stand, divided we fall!!
:D

Really the only real major difference to me is the gear setup. I mean DIR divers strive to be the best they can be...and so do I, as well as many other non DIR divers... so what's the problem.

"Be all they can be?" You can't go stealing the Army...

oh wait that is not the slogan any more... I guess it is alright to use it but I hope we do not see anyone taking "Army of One" and making into some sort of solo diving thing!!!

:)

wapyaly - Don't worry about a couple ruffled feathers... Most of the members welcome new discussions!!

my thought is that it is pretty cool to see a board of this size, and from what I can tell is continuing to grow at a fairly rapid pace... I feel lucky to be a part of it

Man that says it all, I feel lucky to be a part of this community as well!!

Jeff Lane

We get much bigger and we'll be able to start lobbying Congress and stuff!!..Start throwing our weight around like the pharmacudical companies, and the oil companies and the AARP!

I assume said in jest but not something to dismiss, solidarity amoung divers... How many do you estimate are actively diving in America right now?

The world?

Not a small group of individuals...

.. but if you think about it, if a few of these types of boards (Scubaboard, Rodales, etc.) banded together we might be able to start getting some marine life preserve areas set up, or fight the killing of sharks soley for their fins, or have a few more decommisioned ships made into artifical reefs and stuff like that...Hmmm, now you got me thinking.....Uh Oh!.. :wink:

Ahm-ahm.... Sorry to get back on topic, but, this board is a perfect example of democratic freedom. The people deside, and vote on each thread, and it either stays or goes away. Here's how: If someone starts a thread and it is of no interest, there are little or no replys, and within an hour or so the thread is barried down onto the bottom of page one or even onto page two and gone forever. We've all seen threads that start at the top, maybe get one sarcastic reply and then are gone. Maybe they show up again with another reply some time later, but in no time at all they are back on page two or three again where they belong.
Even with polls, so what if FreedivingFred comes back from vacation and votes on the 3 month old poll, "Do Sharks Prefer the Taste of DIR Divers?" and it pops back to the top. Two more guys get on and post that they hate these polls, and then it is soon gone again.
The system is working, and making more rules and regulations rarely helps.

Conor once bubbled...
So do sharks prefer DIR divers ? :)

or would that be getting off topic again ?

To answer this question, extensive, controled studies will soon begin...

In fact research indicates sharks quickly learned that the indigestable back plates are to difficult to pass...

As far as diver attacks in general divers are rarely if ever attacked, sharks prefer swimmers in large part due to the Brody effect and the resultant RTE (rapid tissue expansion)...

http://www.jaws25.com/home.html

Jeff Lane

Back
Top Bottom