Too much fin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the replies. I think I will go with the Hollis F1. Seems like the best fin longterm. The price is great too! Im going to have to go with the yellow ones even tho they are as Fugly as can be! Mistressmotor posted earlier that some claim using apollo bio fins can result in death... What's that all about???

They have YELLOW ones? I have to look into this . . .

Well yellow tipped at least. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308673252.821348.jpg

I have a set of the yellow tipped ones. Mine are not as neat across the tips though. But then they are the prototypes. They are great in low vis situations. Very easy to see as opposed to my other set that does not have the tips. The unique feature on the Hollis fins is the adjustment with the spring straps. There are actually three positions to loosen or tighten the fins up.

Just select a pair of fins and learn the proper kicking technique for that style of fin. No need to make a big deal out of fin selection. Seriously.

That said, Atomic split fins RULE!!! You can have my Atomic split fins when you can pry it out of my cold, dead feet.

I still have a pair of jet fins for me they are stiff and uncomfortable. I now dive with the Atomic smoke on the water model with spring strap. It seems like some divers like the 40 year old stuff.

Keep in mind what type of booties you will be wearing. The fins I use with my Rock Boots have a larger foot pocket. If I use other booties with these fins, I have to use an insert just so I get a snug fit.

OBTW - I love my Apollos!

Thanks for the help guys! I ordered my Hollis F1s from my LDS today. They didn't have yellow in stock so I get to wait. Very confident in my decision now. Now I get to juggle the whole jacket vs. bp&w decision next.

You will love the F1's, well at least I did. I tried 4 different fins in a period of 3 months, and none of them worked for me except for the F1's. As far as the BP/W and jacket, well there is a lot of discussion around this but almost everyone who tried a BP/W will tell you not to waste your time with a jacket and go straight to a BP. I can't imagine myself now diving again with a jacket. I'd rather dive without a BC to dive with a jacket :D.

Thanks for the replies. I think I will go with the Hollis F1. Seems like the best fin longterm. The price is great too! Im going to have to go with the yellow ones even tho they are as Fugly as can be! Mistressmotor posted earlier that some claim using apollo bio fins can result in death... What's that all about???

I've got FIVE pairs of the Apollos (4 'regular' and 1 'XT') and so far I haven't died from using them yet, guess that must make me one lucky dude!

Back
Top Bottom