Too much foot material on the Fusion Drysuit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goflyplanes

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok I'm just wondering if anyone has this problem and possibly has a solution. I have the White's Fusion Fit L/XL

Basically I am too short for my drysuit or have too small of feet. It fits perfectly and I love it to death in all but one area. The problem is the bottom part where the boots connect is too high up on the leg or theres extra in the toe if I make it velcro right. I'm not sure this makes sense and I can post picture later when I get home, but I'm thinking maybe I send it in and get the toe sewn smaller? Ideas?

I had the same problem and my dive shop operator suggested going to a medium suit. I'm 5' 4" and 150 lbs with size 7 shoes. It is a little snug but very comfortable once in the water.

I have the S/M suit, and I'm with you, the sock portion is way oversized. But I have found that, if I try to stuff my foot all the way into the front of the sock before putting it in whatever footgear I'm using over it, my toes end up severely cramped. So I put the heel where the heels goes, and allow the front of the sock to crumple up as I put it in the shoe. Most of the time, that works fine. Every once in a while, I get the fabric folded or wadded up in a way that's uncomfortable enough to make me take the shoe off and do it over.

I've thought about sending the suit up to Whites to get the sock resewn, but I've never been motivated enough to do it. It doesn't leak the way it is, and any alteration has that potential :)

My suit is a little long for me in the sock, but I never considered it a problem. I push my foot in with heavy socks and booties, and the little bit left over I just shove into my shoes.

I've thought about sending the suit up to Whites to get the sock resewn, but I've never been motivated enough to do it. It doesn't leak the way it is, and any alteration has that potential :)

Yeah this is about the same stance I'm taking....

Try me: I wear a 2XL/3XL because I'm fat but short. The foot area has tons of material.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom