Too Simple- Single Rig Assembly w/ Hog Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divesergeant

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Tobin,

I ordered my DSS single tank rig, Kydex Backplate and Torus 17 Wing a few days ago and have it already. It was at my home when I got there this evening.

Now, Problem One; I sat down with a big glass of merlot and went to start the arduous assembly process, but got the entire thing done in less than an hour, and with most of the merlot still in the glass. Come to think of it, most of the merlot being still in the glass might have helped the assembly go so well. :martini:

I had debated whether to get the Pro-Fit harness rather than the Hogarthian harness since the hog looked complicated. Rest assured it wasn't.

Problem Two; I have too @*&%$@*% long until I get to try it out. :crying:

Seriously, thanks for the advice on the phone, the prompt shipping and the easily assembled product. Expect a full use review after our Grand Cayman trip this February.

Yours,
DS

You know, I had a similar experience with Makers Mark and DSS. I think its all apart of Tobin's strategy.

Have fun with that rig, its the same setup I have, and I have never looked back.

Hi Tobin,

I ordered my DSS single tank rig, Kydex Backplate and Torus 17 Wing a few days ago and have it already. It was at my home when I got there this evening.

Now, Problem One; I sat down with a big glass of merlot and went to start the arduous assembly process, but got the entire thing done in less than an hour, and with most of the merlot still in the glass. Come to think of it, most of the merlot being still in the glass might have helped the assembly go so well. :martini:

I had debated whether to get the Pro-Fit harness rather than the Hogarthian harness since the hog looked complicated. Rest assured it wasn't.

Seriously, thanks for the advice on the phone, the prompt shipping and the easily assembled product. Expect a full use review after our Grand Cayman trip this February.

Yours,
DS

DS,

Many thanks for the kind words. February will be here before you know it.:wink:

Tobin

Yours,
DS

Don't you have any local ponds? :confused:

Actually, we've wanted to have a pond dug in our backyard ever since we built the house in 2006. Just haven't gotten it done. It is raining hard right now, so there should be some good puddles forming...

One of our local shops does have open pool nights from time to time. I'll have to get to at least one of them soon. I imagine a really thorough rinse will be called for after immersion in a chlorinated pool. Is there anything else special that I need to do afterwards?

Also, does anyone take with them on trips any extra rubber grommets that attach the wing to the BP? I know me too well to assume that I won't break one off.

DS

Last edited:
Actually, we've wanted to have a pond dug in our bckyard ever since we built the house in 2006. Just haven't gotten it done. It is raining hard right now, so there should be some good puddles forming...

One of our local shops does have open pool nights from time to time. I'll hve to get to to least one of them soon.

So, I imagine a really thorough rinse will be called for after immersion in a chlorinated pool. Is there anything else special that I need to do afterwards?

DS

Limited exposure to chlorine is no problem if well rinsed.

If you access to a pool take advantage. Most BP&W converts need a couple dives to dial in the harness, and pools offer flat bottoms that provide a great reference for horizontal trim.

Tobin

Last edited:
What I meant by pond was fresh water lakes. I spend a lot of time here in the lakes. Vis is iffy at best, but it gives me the time I need to practice skills and get me my nitrogen fix.

Yep, we've got loads of lakes here. But they're cold and murky! As an avowed wussy when it comes to cold water diving, I prefer boating on top of Michigan lakes and diving in the Caribbean! Once every couple of years I'll hit one of the quarries in Ohio to remind myself why I don't do cold water diving!

Still, the occasional nitrogen fix is always welcome:D

DS

Limited exposure to chlorine is no problem if well rinsed.

If you access to a pool take advantage. Most BP&W converts need a couple dives to dial in the harness, and pools offer flat bottoms that provide a great reference for horizontal trim.

Tobin

Tobin

I'll have to make sure I get to the pool a couple of times. I hadn't thought about the flat bottom being good for trim adjustment, but it is a good tip.

I looked on your website for a few extra of the rubber locators, since it is a given that I'll break one off, but didn't see any. Do you offer them for sale?

DS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom