Toronto Dive Shops and Locations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

koi

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a friend who lives in Toronto and is interested in getting certified. I had two questions:

1) Can anybody recommend a good shop to get certified at?
2) Where do people usually go to dive around Toronto after being certified?

Thanks for your help!

Where is the friend located? Aquarius is good, Scuba2000 is good as well, they are up in Richmond Hill (HWY#7 & Leslie)

As for diving around Toronto, Humber is not bad, good for a quick dip. You can also rent a charter to dive the Sligo and another one not too far from there, just can't recall the name.
If you're willing to drive a little, Lake Simcoe has some good spots, there are some others along Lake Ontario, west or east of Toronto plus if you drive a little further you can get to Kingston...

boney:
Where is the friend located? Aquarius is good, Scuba2000 is good as well, they are up in Richmond Hill (HWY#7 & Leslie)

As for diving around Toronto, Humber is not bad, good for a quick dip. You can also rent a charter to dive the Sligo and another one not too far from there, just can't recall the name.
Ok, Ive been asking around at a few shops looking for a charter to go out to the Sligo.... You have any contact info for this? Also wondering what the wreck is like??

Koi - there are plenty of decent dive shops in TO depending on your location...

I know some people that frequent the Scuba2000 board have a trip going out to the Sligo shortly, although I don't think its through Scuba2000, just someone with access to a boat. I think Aqua Systems (www.diveaqua.com) used to run charters out there.
I have yet to dive it myself (would like to get AOW first) but I've seen some pics and it looks pretty good... there may also be a shop in Oakville(same site as AquaSystems) that may run charters out there too...

boney:
I know some people that frequent the Scuba2000 board have a trip going out to the Sligo shortly, although I don't think its through Scuba2000, just someone with access to a boat. I think Aqua Systems (www.diveaqua.com) used to run charters out there.
I have yet to dive it myself (would like to get AOW first) but I've seen some pics and it looks pretty good... there may also be a shop in Oakville(same site as AquaSystems) that may run charters out there too...

Thanks for the heads up, I just checked the site and there is a posting about the Sligo, not too many details for times/dates yet.... http://www.scuba2000.com/s2kbb/viewtopic.php?p=5469#5469

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom