Toronto Dive show?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The scuba swap is more grass roots and less bling. Go as early as you can since the good swap stuff goes quickly. Lots of local divers to talk to. Last year I listened to an interesting photo session.

The outdoor show has a tiny scuba section, mostly booths about scuba travel and a few scuba shops (only 2 or 3ish?). There is a big tank that is used for some sort of scuba demos but we always seem to miss them. If you want to chat you will most likely only get sales people, not real divers....

YMMV...

Does anywhere in Toronto, or the GTA have a dive show? Somewhere that you can buy gear, join clubs, and find out about diving sites and trips?

If you are trying to find a local club and can't, you can contact the Ontario Underwater Council (Ontario Underwater Council). As for shops up that way, I don't know that there is much. I have some friends in Sudbury that are very active divers and they seem to do their shopping in St. Catharines.

Last year I listened to an interesting photo session.

Gee, that's good to hear! That was Warren Lo and I, I suppose! :)

well were open and here north of northbay udt diving

Is the scuba swap meet the place to buy gear? I'm a total noob, and I have no idea how safe it is to buy used gear (that's responsible for my life!). I have basic gear that I got from the shop that did open water certification (mask/snorkel, fins/boots, wet suit). What should I be looking for next? Regulator/octopus? BCD? Would I be able to buy these items, then take them to a local shop for checkup with a good chance of success?

Is the scuba swap meet the place to buy gear? I'm a total noob, and I have no idea how safe it is to buy used gear (that's responsible for my life!). I have basic gear that I got from the shop that did open water certification (mask/snorkel, fins/boots, wet suit). What should I be looking for next? Regulator/octopus? BCD? Would I be able to buy these items, then take them to a local shop for checkup with a good chance of success?
When buying used gear you need to know what you are buying. A piece could be totally okay or a piece of crap. So I would not recommend this approach until you have learned more.

You can still use the swap as an opportunity to learn. Go browse the gear, talk to people and pretend you bought something. Then go to your LDS and learn about getting your pretend gear serviced.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom