Tough week for diving in SE FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of the few boats out of WPB that I haven't been on but have heard its a good boat and crew. Hope you have a great dive.

One of the few boats out of WPB that I haven't been on but have heard its a good boat and crew. Hope you have a great dive.

Thanks. Little nervous first post cert dive and also my daughter to keep an eye on but hoping to over come that by diving once a week for a couple months. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My recommendation is that you dive every day for a week and then if you still want to switch to one a week, fine. But my understanding is that you want improvement, so that's why I'm recommending the back to back dives.

My recommendation is that you dive every day for a week and then if you still want to switch to one a week, fine. But my understanding is that you want improvement, so that's why I'm recommending the back to back dives.

Would be nice just have to work. :) hoping to be able to get more dives in over the summer starting with tomorrow. I have another kid starting ow classes on Monday. Will tag along on his Ocean dive. 3-4 divers per trip makes those boat fees add up.

I dove the 13th on the captain Dan in pampano. No current and vis was great. Dove with sfdh. Did two great dives.

I dove the 13th on the captain Dan in pampano. No current and vis was great. Dove with sfdh. Did two great dives.

I was on little deeper today the 14th. Was fun. Was told viz was about 80 feet. I can't tell beyond top to bottom and it was 60 feet deep so I will say 60 feet.

Little choppy and bouncing for me but I am a newb and still learning to deal with boats but I did not get sick over the side though some did.

It was my first post cert dive and my daughter and I went out on our own and it all went well. 60 plus feet of viz and can't see anyone else is something new. Current was strong on the 2nd dive had trouble staying on the reef.

Still only getting ~40 minutes on a 100cf tank on a 60 foot dive. Just keep diving I guess.

Able to dive with Underwater Explorers in Boynton Saturday before the rains came. Great viz and calm waters. Even had the sun out for most of the 2nd dive. Did sites 007 and Black Condo. According to Dive master on the boat this was the best day they've had this summer re: viz. We just beat the storm back to the dock and then had hard rain the rest of the day.

Today, did three tank dive with Jupiter Dive Center. This was the only boat they sent out today as they has cancelations because of the weather. Was a good day though, with no rain and 2-3 ft seas. Visited Area 51, Capt Mike's, and Tunnels. Three great dives, with the exception of a strong western current that had us swimming hard to the east to stay over the reef. Lost track of how many reef sharks we saw. XL turtles and goliath grouper at Tunnels. Visibility at all 3 sites probably 75 ft+.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom