Tourists ‘ferried’ into Little Cayman as airlift challenges mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Visitors to Little Cayman had to be ferried from Brac to LC on dive boats because of problems with Cayman Air's Twin Otter aircraft:

The same thing happened to us when we went to LCBR in 2019:

It gets much worse. I’m going to LCBR next weekend. Cayman Airways have been horrible. I’ve had two flights rescheduled, both to depart from GC before I arrive. The latest is a complete cancellation of my Sat flight. (6 of us). We now have to stay overnight (our expense) in George Town and fly in in Sunday. Hint for Cayman newbies: hotels are expensive.

I’ve been bringing large groups for years and feel bad for Clearly Cayman but this does not bode well for future travel.

It gets much worse. I’m going to LCBR next weekend. Cayman Airways have been horrible. I’ve had two flights rescheduled, both to depart from GC before I arrive. The latest is a complete cancellation of my Sat flight. (6 of us). We now have to stay overnight (our expense) in George Town and fly in in Sunday. Hint for Cayman newbies: hotels are expensive.

I’ve been bringing large groups for years and feel bad for Clearly Cayman but this does not bode well for future travel.

Oh my, what a mess! Have you tried calling Clearly Cayman to ask them for help to alleviate this mess? After all, it's in their best interest for guests to have a good travel experience getting to their resorts. Maybe they could put some pressure on Cayman Air. Good luck to you!

Wow… crazy. I flew to LC from GC once and it was a quick flight but not an up and then down type of quick flight. How long does the boat ride from Brad take? Two hours?

When the same thing happened to us in 2019 it only took about 45 minutes for the actual crossing from Brac to LC, but additional time was needed for all the other logistical details.

Vans were arranged to take us from the Brac airport to the CBBR, while the LCBR staff had to gather all the people (and their bags) that were leaving LC that day and get them loaded onto a dive boat and then transport them over to Brac.

Then those folks had to be transported by vans to the Brac airport for the trip back to GCM while our group was loaded onto the dive boat for the trip back to LC. It all took a little time - but we made it!

Oh my, what a mess! Have you tried calling Clearly Cayman to ask them for help to alleviate this mess? After all, it's in their best interest for guests to have a good travel experience getting to their resorts. Maybe they could put some pressure on Cayman Air. Good luck to you!
I chat to Sue B. every day about this. Sue is great and fighting for us but I’m no fan of their new third party group travel company. I liked it when Sue Pritchard ran travel. Just saying.

Back
Top Bottom