Tovatec fusion 1000 flooding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hector1959

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My torch is flooding in every dive. Fortunately flooding is in the reflector cone and no mayor damage is done, just a loss in reflection surface.
I dissamble, rinse and re-assamble it after each dive. I do not know what i am doing wrong when sealing it.
Does anyone has experience with this?

I was just talking this morning to a friend that owns a dive shop. He said that he had a customer that bought a Fusion 1000 and the reflector cone flooded on about the 10th dive. He called Tovatec and they said to throw it away and they would send another one. So apparently, they know they have a problem with it. Did you by it from a LDS or on-line? You should contact whomever you bought it from to get a replacement.

I have tovatec fusion 1000, have any photos? How old is it? O ring ok?

As I mainly use it in night dives, It should have been used about a dozen times in 2 years. The first sign I notice was a partial decoloration of reflector cone. I hadn' t realized that water might have come in but supposed it did. I opened the head, rinsed it, dried it and sealed it again.
I have had to do this every time I dive since salt water always comes in.
The torch came with replacement O-rings but these are for the battery cap. The cone has 2 rings. I wonder if there should be a third O-ring or if I replaced them in the right position. (without a previous experience I might have lost inadvently one originlal o-ring, just a possibilitiy)
I will made photos since images are better to understand but I' ll try here to explain how I re-assambled the head.
1) Black aluminium head
2) slightly larger o-ring inside de head' s front
3) Glass
4) Threaded aluminium cone (*)
5) o-ring in the back of the alum cone.
6) hat-shaped plastic part that cover the torch' s LED
7) threaded thin nut that presses de plastic over the O-ring and the cone.

(*) the front part of the cone is machined in a way that seems to create a section to place an o-ring but neither of the o-rings matches exactly that size, that' s why a I think that one o-ring might be missing.

I bought it online in Leisurepro

(*) the front part of the cone is machined in a way that seems to create a section to place an o-ring but neither of the o-rings matches exactly that size, that' s why a I think that one o-ring might be missing.

I bought it online in Leisurepro

I suppose it's a possibility they left off an o-ring. That may be why they told my buddy to dispose of the one his customer bought and they would send a replacement. I strongly suggest you contact Leisurepro about this. They normally have very good customer service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom