TRADE: Halcyon SS bp for SS ALUM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i wanna trade my halcyon ss backplate for a halcyon aluminum one, anyone interested? pm me thanks

chip104:
too light for it now?

actually im fine but im getting a 100ft safety spool, weights for my camera, 1 hid light and one halcyon scout backup light. the weight of these is approx an addtl 4lbs. id be grossly overwighted if i use my ss bp

Spoon:
hardly but im making it a habit to use one in every dive for that "just in case" moment.

have you ever tried deploying it and making a safety stop at 15 ft in a nearly empty tank?

this is the weight that you should consider. furthermore. you have to plan your weighting wherein you do not have anything with you. as this is where the most critical weighting matters.

you can always use your BCD to compensate for the extra weights (stuffs) you carry.

paolov:
have you ever tried deploying it and making a safety stop at 15 ft in a nearly empty tank?

this is the weight that you should consider. furthermore. you have to plan your weighting wherein you do not have anything with you. as this is where the most critical weighting matters.

you can always use your BCD to compensate for the extra weights (stuffs) you carry.

yup everything is based on ending buoyancy with near empty tank (50 bar for me). yup have ample experience with the ballon. it was sop to perform the deploying of the balloon in 10-15 ft with full standard gear during my gue sems in gallera:)

i plan on making my lights and ballons, spool standard equipment in all my dives. only thing that changes is the camera.

Spoon:
actually im fine but im getting a 100ft safety spool, weights for my camera, 1 hid light and one halcyon scout backup light. the weight of these is approx an addtl 4lbs. id be grossly overwighted if i use my ss bp
oi, I use 4 lbs!..

hmmmmmm seems there is a lapse there.

in the event that you need to ditch all those extras (you may never know why) you should be at your ideal weight system. not with them on. the most critical of all things to consider is yourself on a bare rig not with your extra gears. Generally.

the BP is there to compensate for those extras, that is why they were designed with lift capacities as a compensatory measure.

Spoon:
yup everything is based on ending buoyancy with near empty tank (50 bar for me). yup have ample experience with the ballon. it was sop to perform the deploying of the balloon in 10-15 ft with full standard gear during my gue sems in gallera:)

i plan on making my lights and ballons, spool standard equipment in all my dives. only thing that changes is the camera.

paolov:
hmmmmmm seems there is a lapse there.

in the event that you need to ditch all those extras (you may never know why) you should be at your ideal weight system. not with them on. the most critical of all things to consider is yourself on a bare rig not with your extra gears. Generally.

the BP is there to compensate for those extras, that is why they were designed with lift capacities as a compensatory measure.

ok i gets now. so my ideal weighting would be to be neutrally buoyant without the xtras. in the event that i decided to go alum, in the event that i had to ditch my extras, i may have a runaway ascent! thanks pao. back to the drawing board:)

will test over the weekend, will borrow an al rig and test my buoyancy without the xtras.

Back
Top Bottom