Transfer to Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm amazed there's a computer out there with internet support but no PC software. I'm even more amazed that anyone would buy one.

I too am ALL for a computer based log function. While I love my Uemis, the onboard log book and the web based interface. There really needs to be a computer-local sync function (MAC compatible is a must!).

As someone else mentioned, MacDive is a great program and the guy who runs it is always down to help get comps to play nice with his program, maybe if Uemis doesn't have the resources to put into this, they can offer some sort of source code for a third-party developer to work on?

I'm amazed there's a computer out there with internet support but no PC software. I'm even more amazed that anyone would buy one.

I'm amazed that someone who doesn't have a UEMIS Zurich and doesn't plan to get one would bother placing an inflammatory post in the UEMIS forum.

Ron

I work with visiting divers all the time. I don't need to own their equipment to see what's wrong with it.

I don't know how I have survived with a dive computer that does not have any PC software. I guess the experience of learning to dive when there were no dive computers or PCs must be keeping me alive.

Ernst and Franz are correct to focus on Trimix and the dive planner. These features will greatly expand the utilization of the computer and add a convenient planning feature for those locations where a PC or Droid are not convenient. Since I dive different computers for tech/cave versus tropical recreational, I don't have a coherent PC dive log going anyway.

The main selling points for me were the display, the ability to be upgraded, and the capability to upload/download data on the internet. I also liked that you can connect and recharge via a USB connection to a computer. I've even used my iPhone charger to charge mine.

Afterward, I found their responsiveness to be a plus. I'm impressed that they do listen to their customers, and they do respond to email queries.

I agree, adding Trimix capability is more important than having a standalone computer log function. Nonetheless, it looks like we'll have both in due time.

Ron

Priority is fine and we all understand the resource issue.

However publishing XML (I am assuming it uses XML for data transfer) structure (WSDL?) would go a long way.

I see no need to keep the structure closed. In fact as owner of Zurich I am worried about not having open standards.

I discussed this with Ernst and Franz at DEMA, and they will work on it. Right now the focus is bringing Trimix/dive planner online and then move forward with these other ideas.

Thanks - hold them to it, it really makes sense!

Back
Top Bottom