Transforming eCCR into hCCR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes you could and it would be really simple to do so with a JJ. Technically you don't need to block the first stage, but the advantage of a blocked first stage is you wouldn't need to monkey with the needle for depth changes.

So from what I read here it sounds as though i could convert my JJ into an hCCR by replacing the O2 MAV with one with a needle valve. Is that right? Would I need to mess with the first stage?
Not planning to do this, just wondering...
That is correct. no messing with the first stage. not depth restricted like a fully manual unit either.

"Messing" is a big word.
It is like everything, after a while you don't really think about it. Needle valve without blocking the first stage is the way to go otherwise, what is the point of a needle comparatively to a leaked valve?!

No messing with the first stage = messing with the needle valve during the dive with depth changes....
Until you have actually used one it is difficult to understand how little you have to actually "mess" with a needle valve. It does not keep you as busy as some might tend to believe. I very seldom found a need to touch it unless I really made a big change in depth or workload. the most noticeable was when using a scooter and needing to dial it down a bit.

Until you have actually used one it is difficult to understand how little you have to actually "mess" with a needle valve. It does not keep you as busy as some might tend to believe. I very seldom found a need to touch it unless I really made a big change in depth or workload. the most noticeable was when using a scooter and needing to dial it down a bit.
exactly :)

Tecme has dry suit inflators modified with CMF orifices. I assume he can make you what you want.

Sure, I remember rjack321's "positive" feedbacks ... especially with drygloves =)))
It is not because he has posted a problem that this problem is real.
It remind me people saying that you cannot manipulate clips with thick gloves.
Like everything, it is about practicing, being patient and getting use to it.
Really, this needle valve adjustment is not that a big deal :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom