Transmitter dropout when using Perdix in sidemount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Erik Forsberg

Sea Corgi
Reaction score
Hello fellow scubaboarders!

The problem is that I have complete dropout of one of the transmitters when diving sidemount, and it has happened twice now in the last ten dives or so.
When this happens, if I wear the Perdix on my left arm, the right cylinder drops out and if I move it to the right arm while underwater, the left cylinder drops out instead. Anyone have any idea why this might happen? I have never had any battery warnings for the transmitters either.
I have noticed that it only happens when I dive in quite cold waters (5C about)
I run steel 12l 232 bar tanks with the transmitters pointing downwards with first stage facing my body.

The computer is max 40cm from the tank that drops out so it should have well sufficient range. Can it be interference from the steel tanks?
If it isn't, my best bet is that the batteries are dodgy but that the computer doesn't give any low battery warnings.

I know that @tbone1004 runs double transmitters. Has this ever happen to you?

Cheers!

I've had it happen too. It happens on my G2 in sidemount as well. No big deal just swing your arm with the pedix over to the other side for a second and it will come back.

I run double transmitters with my Choptima - I have not had any dropouts.

Try a new battery on the transmitter that is dropping out.

Mine cut out most of the time with my backmount rebreather as my wrist is well out of range from them. The refresh is very quick, if I need to view my gas, I just move my arm for a few seconds and the pressures come back.
I have never had an issue with it in sidemount or OC backmount.

Mine cut out most of the time with my backmount rebreather as my wrist is well out of range from them. The refresh is very quick, if I need to view my gas, I just move my arm for a few seconds and the pressures come back.
I have never had an issue with it in sidemount or OC backmount.
The weird thing is that i can't get it to refresh unless i move the compiter to the other arm really :/

Do you have any way to prevent it from happening or have you noticed anything in particular that makes it more likely to happen?
Haven’t noticed any pattern and I dive cold water . I’ll be in 50F/10C water tomorrow and try to pay attention if it happens.

I have the exact same setup as you and never had a drop out, 13C water is as cold I get so that's probably why. I've also never had a battery warning but I change them every 12 mths.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom