Transmitter dropout when using Perdix in sidemount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haven’t noticed any pattern and I dive cold water . I’ll be in 50F/10C water tomorrow and try to pay attention if it happens.
Weird.

Do you dive steel tanks as well?

How do you have your transmitters connected? On hose or screwed straight on the first stage?

Weird.

Do you dive steel tanks as well?

How do you have your transmitters connected? On hose or screwed straight on the first stage?

Yep, I dive steels. Transmitters directly on first stage. My regs face down, not up.

Yep, I dive steels. Transmitters directly on first stage. My regs face down, not up.
I wonder if steels + thick undergarments is enough to disturb the signal of the transmitter is in towards the body. Maybe it's that easy?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220220-003053__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20220220-003053__01.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 64
Much the same here -- Two Perdix AI computers, steel SM tanks, transmitters directly on 1st stages, transmitters facing downward, occasional cross-body transmission dropout. As with the other commenters, I just move the affected unit toward the transmitter that's dropped and get a reading back within seconds.

I can't definitively comment as to whether water temperature causes a difference, as I usually dive cold water. However, the times that I've used this setup in warmer waters, I've not had dropouts.

The weird thing is that i can't get it to refresh unless i move the compiter to the other arm really :/
Are you running current firmware? The refresh rate may have changed. Battery condition of the transmitters should be displayed directly above the pressure reading on the screen.

Are you running current firmware? The refresh rate may have changed. Battery condition of the transmitters should be displayed directly above the pressure reading on the screen.
Ooops. I acctually missed the v87 update. Updating now and I'll see if this changes anything :)

Hello,

I have the same setup as you and hardly any signal losses. I just move the arm a little closer to the lost transmitter in case of a signal loss. This is probably not necessary given that the transmitter range ist about 1 m according to the manual. Do you use two gray or a gray and a yellow transmitter? Do use a scooter, use a flash aso.?

Best wishes Jens

Hello,

I have the same setup as you and hardly any signal losses. I just move the arm a little closer to the lost transmitter in case of a signal loss. This is probably not necessary given that the transmitter range ist about 1 m according to the manual. Do you use two gray or a gray and a yellow transmitter? Do use a scooter, use a flash aso.?

Best wishes Jens
I use two grey and no scooter, but a large torch on Goodman handle.

The weird thing is that when this happens it stays disconnected for the entire dive unless i change the computer over to the other arm and then the other side loses connection, so it seems unlikely that it's batteries but rather some kind of interference :/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom