Transmitter Location

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coolhandcarter

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I recently bought an Atom 2.0. I recently upgraded from an Smart Pro (non air integrated). Sense my last computer wasn't air integrated I have a honkin console that is attached to the left side of my 1st stage. Sense my Reg has 2 HP Ports I just put the transmitter on the right side. The only thing is that I wear my watch on the left arm (across the body from the transmitter). Is this going to cause a problem I plan to dive with it all either this weekend or during the next week. Should I change the transmitter (or the arm I wear my watch on?)

It will work fine on the left side of your first stage. That's how I wear mine.

Depending on what you do with your arms, you will probably lose the transmitter signal from time to time. If you do, don't worry, just put your left hand on the back of your neck for a few seconds and they'll resync. People who dive with their arms crossed in front of their chest seem to have the most issues.

Many people will wear their compass on their left arm and depth/computer on the right arm.

I recently bought an Atom 2.0. I recently upgraded from an Smart Pro (non air integrated). Sense my last computer wasn't air integrated I have a honkin console that is attached to the left side of my 1st stage. Sense my Reg has 2 HP Ports I just put the transmitter on the right side. The only thing is that I wear my watch on the left arm (across the body from the transmitter). Is this going to cause a problem I plan to dive with it all either this weekend or during the next week. Should I change the transmitter (or the arm I wear my watch on?)

I've tried both sides - didn't make much difference either way - I have left the transmitter on the left so it is not so close to the tank valve handle and I have my Atom on my right hand due to being left handed (it gets beaten up less on my right hand) and it works just fine that way.

Back
Top Bottom