Transmitter Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It says several times in the article ALL pods/ transmitters are recalled.

Wow, the magnitude of this recall is tremendous.

This thread would likely have much greater visibility on the Equipment/Computer forum. I posted a link

Most of the dealers listed on their site are running stores that are selling their sports watches. I called a local dive shop, they were not aware of the recall, they are listed as a dealer. They told me they were a dealer but not a service center. They referred me to Aggieland Scuba, a few hours away. I was hoping I could just take it in somewhere locally and get it taken care of. I bet once these are sent off you won't see them for quite sometime.

Scubadada - Thanks for posting the link.

Most of the dealers listed on their site are running stores that are selling their sports watches. I called a local dive shop, they were not aware of the recall, they are listed as a dealer. They told me they were a dealer but not a service center. They referred me to Aggieland Scuba, a few hours away. I was hoping I could just take it in somewhere locally and get it taken care of. I bet once these are sent off you won't see them for quite sometime.

The initial post here on Scubaboard came through two hours before the local dive center got the email from Suunto.

I was hoping I could just take it in somewhere locally and get it taken care of. I bet once these are sent off you won't see them for quite sometime.

There has to be MILLIONS of those out there. Once you hand it in how long is it going to be before you see a replacement? I fear that it would be months.
Will your old one be inspected and sent back if it passes some kind of muster? Or will they simply replace with a new one, which the recall seems to indicate.

I would think 3 years of diving is it's own QA test to some extent.

Its the outer shell which will be changed, and at the same time Suunto will change the battery and extend the warrantee for another year.

I presume there has been a fault in the injection moulding process of the shell. I have a dealer in town so will whip my transmitters in on Sunday and get the latest update and let you know.

I doubt whether Suunto manufacture the part themselves

Personally I can't get excited about this. It's just a piece of plastic. The same could easily happen to SPG's as you were taught in OW class to hold them away from you when pressurising them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom