TransPac-How to wear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevin K

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good evening Ladies and Gents, Got a question for the TransPac Users. I rented a TransPac from one of my local LDS's. Where does the waist belt go? Below my belly at my waist or on my belly up high. I seem to remember the guy at the shop saying to wear it high but it doesn't look right or feel right. Like to try it tomorrow but it sure feels funny here in the living room. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks kk

I generally wear it high enough so that the waist belt is clear of my weight belt pouches (a DUI weight & Trim II).

I'd suggest trying it with your weight belt (if you use one) to get a better feel of the position. If you don't use a weight belt, I'd be inclined to set the waist belt close to my waist for reasons of inproved stability.

Have you got a crotch strap on it? I found that without one mine tended to ride higher up my body in the water. Without one I'd try to fasten the weight belt as low as possible.

I have a crotch strap on mine and use a weight belt. I adjust the shoulder straps so the BCD sits immediately above the weight belt, then adjust the crotch strap to secure it in that position. Works well for me. If you use a weight belt, make sure you put your weight belt over the crotch strap so you can easily dump your weights in the event of an emergency. It's a great BCD. I think you'll like it.

Back
Top Bottom