Transpac XT/LP 95 Hitting Head

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scfdbc9

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
TranspacXT/LP 95 w/Dive Rite regs. Poolside, standing up with everything buckled and in place, can look up and have no issue with 1st stage hitting back of head. Once in water, I notice BC does seem to ride higher up my torso when im in good trim and 1st stage prevents me from tilting head back fully. What steps would you guys take first?

Maybe your crotch strap needs to be adjusted?
Thx for the quick reply. How tight is tight in that aspect? I felt like I tightened it "snug", just shy of singing an octave higher

Just thought of something else. Do you have the shoulder straps snugged down good?

First move bc all the way up to the top of the tank. Second, loosen shoulder harness so bc sits lower. This will allow you to pull more waist harness bringing the kit down. Because the kit will be lower you'll tighten your crotch strap. Or ditch the crotch strap all together.

Show a picture of your gear set up. Lower the tank or use a DIN. Your first stage may need inverting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom