Travel Channel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharpenu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
There is a show on travel channel where the woman just went dving in Hawaii and then went to the top of a 13,800ft volcano on the same day. I wonder if she got bent?

I would say probably not.
#1 She might have only been to 30 feet or less. Did they say?
#2 I know you can fly in some of the prop planes that fly low from island to island. I have done this on a dive day. I believe they had to stay under 15,000 feet. And the cabin wasn't pressurized. I can't remember what it was. Maybe Walter, or some other scuba brain can help me out on this?

:gorgeous:

DAN's original recommendations for flying after diving based on maximum altitude exposure of 8,000 feet /2,440 meters (the cabin pressure of commercial airliners) are:

1.A minimum surface interval of 12 hours is required before ascent to altitude in a commercial jet airliner (altitude up to 8,000 feet).
2.Divers who plan to make daily, multiple dives for several days or make dives that require decompression stops should take special precautions and wait for an extended surface interval beyond 12 hours before flight. The greater the duration before flight the less likely decompression sickness is to occur.

Hope this helps to answer some of the question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom