Travel friendly DPV?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, that's different. The one I showed you are for openwater recrational type of diving. I am considering the scubajet one for extending my diving range from shore. I wouldn't use any of the two for tech./cave diving at all.
I thought the last sentence in the first post was clear lol. It's all good i'm sure someone doing rec diving might be interested in those but certainly not what i'm after. thanks though

I thought the last sentence in the first post was clear lol.

Lol, I only read the "fresh water lake" part. Sorry, it is very late here. I should go to bed I guess.

Ok what i ment was its going to be cave penetration not a toy for the swimming pool and lakes like the others above look like.
if cave penetration, the Blacktip is the only real option. For cave diving I would recommend the tech though, the Travel doesn't trim flat. Not a big issue as a primary but it makes it all but useless when you need it for a tow scooter. The extra few inches to have it trim flat is worth it. Contact @LandonL who is a dealer and will help talk you through what you need to know.

Hi @Mr.337, thank you @tbone1004 for the recommendation.

Given the specifications you list, the Blacktip Tech is the only model that really fits the bill. It is the least expensive unit I would consider a 'real' DPV for going into overhead. If you would like to discuss in detail reach out and we can setup a time to talk. All the best.

Hi @Mr.337, thank you @tbone1004 for the recommendation.

Given the specifications you list, the Blacktip Tech is the only model that really fits the bill. It is the least expensive unit I would consider a 'real' DPV for going into overhead. If you would like to discuss in detail reach out and we can setup a time to talk. All the best.
sounds good i'll get with you when i'm ready for one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom