Travel Safety Management

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cleanhole

Registered
Reaction score
Are you aware of a safety management system in an air travel that provides a risk analysis? I believe that risk mitigation history is very important to take immediate action and minimize failures in an air flight. What are the security and safety measures that an air travel experts use? I'm curious on the assurance with regards on how safe we are as a traveler.

Can u be more specific? Are you worried about the safety of the particular airline? Airport?

The state departments web site will advise of certain states that one should avoid or be more cautious.

They have a safety management so I guess you need not worry. People will most likely die getting to the airport than flying in the plane.

Yes, I was just concerned how they manage the risks. I asked around and my friend who works in an airline said that they use an aviation safety management system that has tools for risk management and audit management integrated to it.

Safety? You may not want to fly. Here in the US, the FAA's official risk management program says that the cost of any safety program has to be evaluated against the benefits, financially. Not based on anything else. So, in the case of TWA800, which blew up because of a spark in the central fuel tank, airlines were given about 20 years to implement the final "mitigation" program. They work with actuaries in this way:
If fixing the problem will cost $100,000,000 across the aircraft involved, and the cost of paying death benefits to victims of any crash will cost $150,000,000, then you order a fix. But if the death payments will only be $500,000, you don't require a fix, you only "advise" it, because it will be cheaper to pay the families of the dead than to fix the aircraft.
The airlines all went out of business decades ago. What we have now is "the airline industry" where the only consideration is cost. That, and not scaring the customers away outright. Safety? No one brags about that, because it reduces profits when you ground aircraft and perform lots of maintenance on them.

You'd have to ask each carrier what their own policies are, and what each government agency rules them. Risk management? Um, yeah. Stop serving peanuts because someone might be allergic to them. And don't mention, that saves you money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom