Travel to St. Vincent Grenadines Sans Passport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr_Lar

New
Reaction score
A link provided by Doc Vikingo in the thread titled "a Primer on Passports" states the following with respect to documentation requirements for U.S. citizens visiting St. Vincent:

"ENTRY/EXIT REQUIREMENTS: Proof of U.S. citizenship (a valid or expired passport, certified U.S. birth certificate or Certificate of Naturalization and photo identification), along with an onward/return ticket and/or proof of sufficient funds is required for tourist stays up to six months."

I take this to mean a birth certificate and drivers licence are adequate and that a Passport is not required, but I would like to hear from someone who has tried this. I would like to avoid the expense of an "expedited" passport at a cost of $172.00. Id rather spend the money diving, but I don't want to risk a major hassel or worse. Thanks

just remember that the birth certificate must be an "official one" which is usually issued by each of the various state governments in the USA. The "souvenir" version from a hospital (often complete with hand prints and foot prints) is not acceptable.

The National Center for Health Statistics has information for ordering a birth certificate directly from each state.

Many states have entered into a contract with Vitalchek to place orders online. Vitalchek charges a fee for the convenience of online ordering.

Unless you love nonstop frustration/bewilderment (by customs officals)/and delays etc. etc. The last thing you need to worry about when trying to start or return from a relaxing vacation. Just returned from St. Vincent with a Passport I got at the last minute (thank God!). Overheard an airline employee talking about one of the Caribbean countries (can't remember which one) changed policy regarding Passport requirements four times in the last 12 months.

Mr_Lar once bubbled...
... I would like to avoid the expense of an "expedited" passport at a cost of $172.00. Id rather spend the money diving, but I don't want to risk a major hassel or worse. Thanks

I don't know how much time you have before you're scheduled to depart, but if it's more than a couple of weeks, why not try to get a unexpedited passport but prepare the other docs as a backup. The last couple of times I've needed a new passport or pages added to mine, the turnaround has been much faster than advertised. However, I've been renewing a, not trying to get my first, passport for 40 years.

Back
Top Bottom