Travel Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_sirhc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone knows if the travel wing can be used with a bp?Does it have grommets to accomodate a STA?There are some websites which shows the travel wing with grommets and some which doesn't so I am confused...

Hi,

Yes, the current version of the TravelEXP (as of Spring 2008) has grommets and will work with a metal backplate and STA. If you check out our website at SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc you can find the most current model.

I would just make sure the LDS you buy through is selling the most current production.

I hope this helps,
Kathleen

Last edited:
Hi Kathleen!Thanks for the reply..may I know the measurements (length and width) of the travel wing when deflated?

The current version that can go on a back plate is the Travel EXP. It's very easy to identify as we've made several improvements. First, the lettering says Travel EXP. Second, the side panel is gray.

SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - Travel EXP Wing

Before that we had a Travel360 that could also go on a backplate. That came out early last year. Both a easy to identify, they are the only Travel wings that have grommets on the center section.

-Jess

I use a DSS 17# wing. It doesn't require a STA. If you plan on renting AL80s and wearing a 3 mil shorty or less it's perfect.

Hi Jess -

I think I might have an older DR travel wing that I inherited. How can I identify it? There is no logo printed on either side. But it does look like the travel EXP wing, but without the grommets.

Thanks,

Sean

The one I have just has a cross of nylon webbing in teh center of the wing that holds it in place under the cylinder when you slip the cam strap through it. No grommets because there is no material in the center of the wing. That would be the old model.

I used to have the older model, maybe this pic helps you to identify yours:

kuva.jpg

I found that I do have the travel wing, but it's old enough to have the black bladder and no logo at all. but otherwise it looks like the one CrowleyW has. Good enough for me right now.

Hi,
Even with the old model, you can use it with a BP... Have been diving like that for years.
Just sandwich it between the plate and the tank without STA.
If you still want to use the STA, just punch two holes !
Jale.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom