Traveling through Crystal River on Friday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DocCarl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I will be in the Crystal River area on business this Thursday and Friday (6/21 & 6/22). I'm not very familiar with the area, but I'm thinking about tossing some gear in the car to take down with me. Is there any shore access on Kings Bay? I'm staying at the Best Western in Crystal River.

Would love to meet up with anyone else in the area and have a look around!

Carl

Yes Hunter Springs has heach access, only 15 ft. I was on the river this morning I wish I would have seen the post i'd taken you along.

Hello,

I will be in the Crystal River area on business this Thursday and Friday (6/21 & 6/22). I'm not very familiar with the area, but I'm thinking about tossing some gear in the car to take down with me. Is there any shore access on Kings Bay? I'm staying at the Best Western in Crystal River.

Would love to meet up with anyone else in the area and have a look around!

Carl

Anything good in Hunter springs? Thnx

American Pro Dive is in CR and they are an amazing shop. And not just by CR standards. You can put that shop anywhere in the Country and it would hold its own. Manatee Springs, Rainbow River, and many other dive sites are local. Give them a call, or atleast go their website for some info on the local diving. Snorkel Manatee Tours here in crystal river I did my rescue course up there, and their staff is a great mix of solid instructors.

American Pro Dive is in CR and they are an amazing shop. And not just by CR standards. You can put that shop anywhere in the Country and it would hold its own. Manatee Springs, Rainbow River, and many other dive sites are local. Give them a call, or atleast go their website for some info on the local diving. Snorkel Manatee Tours here in crystal river I did my rescue course up there, and their staff is a great mix of solid instructors.

Concur about American Pro. I am going to be nice and not say anything about attitudes of other dive shops in the area.........

I would not put my worst enemy in Hunter Springs.. this time of yr its full of kids and moms.. nthing to see... however as there is NO tidal flow the outflow leaking from septic tanks has it regularly shut off due to E coli outbreaks... My kids grew up in CR, swam there, but pretty much every other time they did we had an ear infection. IF I knew they had been in it was peroxide in the ears immed on getting home.

Call American Pro ahead and see what you can do.. and ask about getting around to 3 sisters to snorkel there. It is now owned by the city but my understanding is that you cannot get in from land, but you can walk the boardwalk. One normally has to boat around to the water entrance to get in.
You will enjoy the place.. You can also go to the Indian Mound north of town. interesting history...

Pm if I can help.. I live there part time.. 'bella

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom