Traveling with Equipment!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm planning to pack my mask and regs in my carry on for my trip to Mexico in 2 wks. From what I have read here this should pose no problem whatsoever, correct? Sounds good!

They are likely to trigger some hand searches of your carry-on but that should be the only problem.

Ralph

I have flown many times with Regs in carry on but never from Canada. The TSA people are usually pretty good about it the last one even was curious about Bonaire and said he wanted to go some day. I have also never had a problem with TSA or security in other countries lucky I guess (58 flights in 2009 so it isn't like I only fly once in a while).

I came back from a trip to South Florida a couple weeks ago where I just got certified and bought new equipment. I checked everything but my computer and regs, which I had in a padded reg case. I got through security without any problems. Its a good thing because I forgot to pack my hose mounted titanium dive knife in my checked baggage. It was on my LP BC hose in my carry-on. I remembered it was there about halfway back to MN. I am glad they did not find it, I probably would have lost it. But it kinda makes you wonder how the TSA could miss a 4" knife. Since that trip, I moved the knife mount to the corrugated hose directly on my BC. That way it is always checked and I can't forget it, and chance bringing it on the plane with me again. Oops

Which brings me to my point: Always remember to pack your dive knife with your checked luggage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom