Travelling destinations with good diving in September/October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nausica

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'll have 23 days of holiday between the 8th of September and the 14th of October. I'll like to combine 2 weeks of travelling (preferable to a place with beautiful nature or culturally interesting) with 1 week of nice diving in the same country/close destination (cheap to fly to), but I'm having problems deciding the destination and I thought about asking here for suggestions/recommendations.

I'm AOW, with 80 dives (expecting to be 90-95 in September), and so far I've dived in Similan Islands (Thailand), Bali, Komodo, GBR and Easter Island. I like places with a big quantity of fishes and colourful but also find exciting places with a lot of action. So far I haven't seen whale sharks, so I'd really like to see them, but is not a determinat factor. I love liveboards, but those are usually quite expensive, so shore divings are also ok, if they are good. I'll be travelling from Spain, and I'll like to keep the whole trip (fights, trip, diving) under 3.000, under 2.000 will be even better. So stuff like going to french polynesia to do a liveboard are out of question. I'm not interested in the Red Sea as I want to do it next year in a short one week holiday, I want to use that I have longer holidays to go to a further away place. So far I've thinking about:
  • Combining India + Maldives (although liveboards are not cheap) or Andaman islands (but I read there was a big bleaching event a few years ago)

• Combining South Africa or another neightbouring country (travelling and diving) with Mozambique for diving.

• Philippines (but I think is rainy season? although being so big, I guess you can move arround).

• Caribbean - I've seen some good deals in liveboards in Belize and Bahamas, but is hurricane season so maybe not the best idea.
  • Other ideas?????

I'd love to read about people who have visited those places (specially if in September/October) to help me decide or other suggestions. Many thanks for your help!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom