Tray/Arms for Ike S90 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mariozi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What are the best options for tray/arms configuration to use in a S90 on Ike housing?

I use the Ikelite one handle tray. I have a brand new spare one if you are interested.

fujirightray.jpg

I use an ultralight tray and handle for my lighter Canon factory housing, like the smaller of the two below.

DSCN0165A.jpg

My arms are all standard ultralight arms like

DSCN0198A.jpg

I typically use a pair of 8" arms on each side for wide-angle work. Sometimes I use a mix of 8" and 4" or just 4" for macro photos.

I have a G11 and Ike housing which is a little bigger. I like the sturdy grip and size of the Ike handle, especially since I usually have a DS125 strobe on it. I think that I am mostly just used to using it.

I take the canon housing if I just want to have a minimal setup, often without the strobe. The UL tray gives me a nice handle to hold on.

Thanks all!!! :)

Word of caution: The Ikelite housing uses two 12/24 bolts rather than the standard 1/4-20 bolt. When you buy your tray, be sure to specify you plan to use it with the Ikelite housing.

Back
Top Bottom