Tray for Ike housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Allison Finch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Why don't more companies make trays for Ike housings? They don't (won't) make one with the two post holes instead of the tripod mount. I want one for my 5060 camera that has two quick release handles. Any suggestions? I love Ultralite arms, but they have no Ike compatible trays.

Allison Finch:
Why don't more companies make trays for Ike housings? They don't (won't) make one with the two post holes instead of the tripod mount. I want one for my 5060 camera that has two quick release handles. Any suggestions? I love Ultralite arms, but they have no Ike compatible trays.
I don't quite understand what you are trying to achieve here. Didn't the 5060 Ike housing come with a tray and handle(s)?

In any case, the ULCS has Ike handle fittings so that you can use the arms with it. So there should not be an issue using Ike trays and handles.

Wolverine:
In any case, the ULCS has Ike handle fittings so that you can use the arms with it. So there should not be an issue using Ike trays and handles.

Not so, the UCLS trays have a tripod attachment to connect it with the housings. The Ike housing doesn't use the tripod attachment, but has two bolts that screw to their tray design. They are not interchangeable. What I want is a two handle tray. The Ike tray that comes with the 5060 housing only has one handle and no room to add one. The Ike SLR tray has two handles, but it is not interchangeable with the 5060 housing. So frustrating. If I could get a UCLS tray in my hand, I might be able to see if I could simply drill the necessary holes.

I don't know if ike housings are standard but i have a ULCS tray on my Fuji F810 Ike housing. Didn't have to drill anything. I just had to get a couple appropriate bolts and a handful of washers.

Is this what you are looking for? :

Ikelite dual handle and tray (part #9523.32)

ol5050dualbk.jpg

The "handle fittings" that Wolverine is talking about is not a tray. They are adapters that fit on the Ikelite quick release handles and end in a 1" ball. You can then attach ULCS ball and clamp arms to this adapter. Ask for ULCS part # BA-IKT and BA-IK. BA-IKT is the taller version of this adaptor which allows you to mount an Ikelite manual EV controller if desired.

See: ULCS: What's New (scroll to the bottom)

Image:
BA-IK& IKT.jpg

HTH

Ditto Reyer. That is exactly what I have. :) Now all I need is the second strobe to go on the other arm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom