Treasure hunting boat....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You don't have to bust the bank. Mine is listed below. Sure i could always use something bigger, but i also love the fact that i can trailer her.

nqwqvc.jpg

Boat: 1999 Dana Hunter Cape 23

-Origin: Tatamagouche, NS

-Boat Name: Rapscallion

-Builder: D.H. Boatbuilding

-Construction: Solid Fiberglass

-Type: Monohull

-50 Yamaha super thrust outboard

What's inside

- Caribbean theme cockpit

-Plush Bow compartment sleeps two

-Bathroom

-Table

-Sink

-Refrigerator

Electronics

-Garmin 172c marine GPS

-Flat screen monitor

-Sea View underwater camera system

-Tri-tech Side Scan Sonar

-XM Radio

-Sitex 106 color sounder

-Ship to Shore emergency radio

-Scuba tank racks

Wow... Great boat, blacksambellamy...

From somebody who's been involved in underwater treasure hunting for over 25 years I can tell you that underwater artifacts do not stay under water for long if there are scuba divers in the area. Too many people have sticky fingers and if were talking about the Third World, people need to eat. To prove my point There was a program on not too long ago about the effects of radiation still in Bikini atoll and the interesting part about the program was they were telling everybody that this area was a protected area and no one could take anything from the wrecks. Then about two scenes later they showed the diver coming up with a compass in his hand. Just human nature I suppose.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Thread hijack and responses removed- Take it to PM's if you'd like to have a pissing match, no one else is interested.

i would love to hunt for treasure. But the cost ya ya...
You mentioned fisher electronics they go in the thousands,
i keep diving till i am rich.
Means is like playing Lotto! Just a view win.
i go twice a week have found nice stuff over the time. it financed a new scuba tank.
But i am still not rich. :cool2:

My dream Boat: Big, with all toys i need, and be able to upkeep!

Hi, hows it going. I live down here in Florida and I can let you know some good and bad news good for someone wanting to set up a boat for TH but bad for the ones selling. In this economy a lot of the regional fishermen are puting their boats up for sale. Most are very seaworthy and good size. You just have to dump the nets and they already have winches most have live aboard cabins and good holds. Add a good compressor and some tank racks and your good. Most already have gps and radio equipment. The only real problem is getting rid of the fish smell!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom