Treasure hunting boat....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Miguel Vidal

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone...

As a mental exercise, or who knows, maybe a reality, if any of you already have, what would be your perfect or dreamed treasure hunting boat????

How would you set it up?? like Emergency Gear, air compressor, third lung Brownie, JW Fishers gear... Electronics?? Portable Hyperbaric Chamber?? Like some sort of small Calypso....

I was thinking a motor sailer or catamaran, for example.....

For a 8 divers team for example???

Last edited:
SorryBruce, I should have meant NOT EXPENSIVE, but really an impressive and incredible boat, that is really a dream boat, chopper, jacuzzi and all.......

I meant on a budget, sorry not being more explicit.....

Yep, I was going to post the Odyssey Explorer but you beat me to it.

I'v been aboard and she is a real nice set up, but I hope they have a new cook. The one they had when I was aboard was Polish (as is most of the deck and engineering crew) and had a limited "Eastern European" menu.

$35,000 a day gets you the Explorer.

my perfect boat is anchored over the treasure and has a crane

Hello Gilldiver,

The Odyssey seemed like an obvious answer to me but then I guess it depends on ones perspective.

I like your "creature" avatar. The creature was popular when I was a kid back in the 60's.

That's not the Creature, it is an old cartoon that was titled "Divers Bar" this is it full sized:
DiversBAr.jpg

bump for a good post for the average guy who could save up for and claim as a "mans toy" to the wife... Something that can get launched inland lakes, but also handle the Great Lakes and even in the ocean???

That looks like shark teeth by the divers feet.........I wonder where that bar is..........Must be near Tampa where folks used to sponge dive, maybe Venice beach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom