Treasure Quest - Code Name "Legend"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe-Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Watching the new show Treasure Quest last night on Discovery....the Odyssey is researching a wreck with brass cannon, some 42 pounders...and are calling it code name "Legend"...

Anyone think they've found HMS Victory? The 4th of 6 ships of that name, which was lost in October 1744 during a storm.....

Watching the new show Treasure Quest last night on Discovery....the Odyssey is researching a wreck with brass cannon, some 42 pounders...and are calling it code name "Legend"...

Anyone think they've found HMS Victory? The 4th of 6 ships of that name, which was lost in October 1744 during a storm.....

Depending on how you count them, she would be the 5th of 6 ships named Victory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Victory_(1737)
How many Royal Navy ships were named Victory?

would be cool, but they need to hurry up and disclose some locations so we have some new dive sites ! : ) or at least buy a cannon..lol

I got my count from here:

HMS Victory (disambiguation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But they're missing the third Victory from your link...the Little Victory....and your link is missing the 8 gun schooner that served in Canada 1764-1768 from my list....

So, maybe there were 7 HMS Victory ships....seems to be a hotly debated topic!:wink:

Awesome...thanks for that link....I guess they got what they needed from the MOD so they could announce what they found. It is the HMS Victory.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom