Treatment in the chamber for a suspected case of DCI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A slow resting heart rate is quite common among highly trained athletes.

You might want to talk to a physician about spending some time on a Holter monitor. A one-time EKG only takes a snapshot of the electrical activity of your heart. If you have intermittent heart issues, an in-office/in-hospital EKG may not capture it.

Good luck with everything...
I had similar symptoms that were intermittent for several months(not related to diving). After every test imaginable, it was diagnosed as atrial fib and atrial flutter. It was my 2nd time on a Holter monitor that helped narrow it down.
Long story short, it got fixed, and I'm still active and dive.

This is a long shot, but what kind of exposure protection were you wearing? We had a member of our dive club that was an athlete with very low blood pressure an dreary rate that had to be very careful of wearing a hood or wet suit that was too tight around the neck. Because their blood pressure was so low the constriction of the suit/hood restricted blood flow I'm the neck to the brain.

All sorts of possibilities, such as whether you had had any slight illnesses around that time. As to diabetes, I would have a specific test. A friend was diagnosed with type 1 when he was around 50, so it can happen. He exercised a great deal and was extremely fit. He was unable to find any family member with any history of diabetes. Much the same with me, except mine is type 2 - I checked some 40 family members and none of them had ever heard of diabetes in the family. My older brother leads an extremely sedentary life and he's clear.

I also had a ride in a chamber, back in the mid-90s, as after a dive that had gone severely wrong I had some suspect symptoms. But the ride was quite inconclusive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom