Tres Pelicanos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like you had a great time using tres pelicanos. I have dove with Servando a few times and he is one cool guy. I saw the skinny shark on my last trip and it looks fast and roomy.
Did you get a chance to dive with big Mike?
Where did you guys stay and how were the accomadations?

We didn't get a chance to dive with Mike, hopefully next time! The Skinny Shark is fast and it is roomy. Nice and wide, plenty of room for all the divers and gear. Steve also gives each of his divers a water bottle, which I think is a fabulous idea!! They keep a big igloo cooler on board with plenty of cool water to refill them. Eliminates the waste and possible littering of plastic cups and or water bottles and you get to take them home! Nice touch!!

We stayed at El Cid and really only because we had our sons 16 & 18 in tow, they can eat all day, especially when diving! For an AI it wasn't too bad. I had already known before going the cruise ships would be there but didn't really think about them blocking the view each day. The rooms were nice, beds were actually pretty comfy for Mexico, service was good. It was nice being on the south end of town... quicker boat rides. We checked out the hotel next door to Tres Pelicanos' shop, Villas Las Anclas and they are wonderful. We actually prefer to stay in town and have a quick breakfast and light lunch in our room and eat dinners out. We will be staying there next time for sure! Each room has a nice sitting area, kitchen area with the bedroom and bath upstairs. Decorated very nice and very clean. The owner, Doug, gave us a tour and I was very impressed!

Ive been shopping a new op for Coz. Looking at the website and the customer reviews here, I think we'll try Tres Pelicanos our next trip. Thanks everyone!

We just wrapped up our week with Opal's Dream. It sounds like the two shops are very similar in style. In fact I was inquiring about Servando, who we'd dove with when he was freelancing for the old Scuba Mau shop. Opal's Dream gave us the update, and said that they worked with Tres Pelicanos and vice versa, to accomodate a special need, a less than full boat, ect.

Two points here:

1) Nice to see two competitors getting along respectfully.
2) Nice to know that your favorite shop has your back covered by another quality shop if needed.

Do they do pickups at the resort piers? I usually stay at Park Royal, just north of El Cid.

They sure do! Also, if you are in town they arrange for and pay to have you picked up by taxi! Right on time as well!!

---------- Post added April 5th, 2013 at 08:25 AM ----------

Ive been shopping a new op for Coz. Looking at the website and the customer reviews here, I think we'll try Tres Pelicanos our next trip. Thanks everyone!

You really won't be disappointed. We can't wait to get back!

---------- Post added April 5th, 2013 at 08:26 AM ----------

We just wrapped up our week with Opal's Dream. It sounds like the two shops are very similar in style. In fact I was inquiring about Servando, who we'd dove with when he was freelancing for the old Scuba Mau shop. Opal's Dream gave us the update, and said that they worked with Tres Pelicanos and vice versa, to accomodate a special need, a less than full boat, ect.

Two points here:

2) Nice to know that your favorite shop has your back covered by another quality shop if needed.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! Not something you see a lot.

Did you have time for breakfast before the taxi pick up to the Caleta? And how did you get back from Caleta to your hotel.
I think I saw the skinny shark pick some divers up at the BA dock one morning. I do know other boats have, for sure Aldora.

Opal's dream and Tres work very nicely together and it is a great thing to see in Cozumel.They are truly both first class organizations in my opinion.On my last visit in March, Opal's had a boat load of very new divers one day and sent me out to dive with Tres Pelicanos as they thought I would have a better day of diving.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! Not something you see a lot.

On Cozumel I have seen this to be the rule rather than the exception for dive ops.

On Cozumel I have seen this to be the rule rather than the exception for dive ops.

This is true. I was speaking more generally. :)

---------- Post added April 8th, 2013 at 07:20 AM ----------

We stayed at El Cid and they picked us up at their pier, they can pick you up at any pier. As for the taxi ride home, I assume they provide for that since they get you there, but I am not certain. You should have time for a quick breakfast before the taxi ride.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom