Trim problem, too front heavy..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wear a weight belt (or take weight off your rig and put it on your belt) and shove it down an inch or two.

I do wear a weight belt but I think im using too much weight right now, im going to try and cut the amount of weight down and see how that works out..

Others hit the main points:
- Need an AL plate with steel tanks
- Need heavier fins, like jets
- 95s are short and more difficult to trim
- Loosen your harness, most wear it too tight anyway

I would recommend hp120 or 119 over the lp120's. Here is a handy guide to tank dimensions: Scuba Cylinder Specification Chart from Huron Scuba, Ann Arbor Michigan

I dive double PST hp120 and had a similiar problem with head heaviness. I loosened up my harness as previously suggested, moved my wing up one notch and added trim weights as low as I could to both tanks by using cam straps and cheap weight pouches. I can now hover perfectly relaxed in perfect trim.

I also switched to heavier rocket fins.

I do wear a weight belt but I think im using too much weight right now, im going to try and cut the amount of weight down and see how that works out..

If all you do is remove weight from your welt belt, your head "heaviness" will be worse than it currently is.

If all you do is remove weight from your welt belt, your head "heaviness" will be worse than it currently is.

Correct.. But then again overweighting is another problem im sure I have..

Im thinking that moving my harness up to the lower mounting holes is going to make alot of different but theres only one way to tell..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom