Trimix 1 Class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ericfine50 once bubbled...
O-Ring,

I think GUE is still playing with the Tech 1 depth limit. Tri-Ox is rated to 120, so I am not sure if they are going to stay with the 150 or move it to 165? Do you think people will want to take a Tech 1 that is rated to 150? Don't know, just throwing out questions.
Eric
..the 130' limit was before triox, so maybe they are reworking some of the standards and procedures since, IMHO, it doesn't make sense to have triox at 120' and then tech 1 at 130'. Then again, triox doesn't teach deco...who knows?

Once again the DIR crowd has taken over a thread. The original questions posted by cadet diver have nothing to do with what DIR considers to be acceptable depth limits for their Tech 1 class.

Cadet diver asked if:
1. A dive to 200 fsw for 15 min. on 21/35 with a single deco gas of 50/50 has been common for anyone else on the board.

2. If anyone has had problems getting appropriate sized stage bottles in the Bahamas.

The first question was answered well in that the depth/time seem about right and the use of just 50/50 may be preferable to 80/20 or O2 if only one deco bottle is available. Also that 21/35 may be a little hot, but fits within TDI guidlines and has been done by others on the board.

No one has given any info regarding the second question.

While I have nothing against DIR and those whose choose to adhere strictly to DIR principles, I do have a problem when every post on this board turns into a DIR discussion.

cdtgray once bubbled...
I do have a problem when every post on this board turns into a DIR discussion.
While I am truly sorry for the distress this has caused you... it is quite common for threads to meander off of the original topic, especially after several pages... and since we have quite a few folks on this board who are interested in DIR that topic does come up in a lot of threads. I think you will find that accepting that fact will go a long ways to relieving your angst.

BTW.... if you have an answer for #2 please feel free to contribute.

The answer is that you'll probably have trouble getting 40s but 80s will be available pretty much anywhere. To some extent this will depend on exactly where you'll be. There may be a few places where 40s are available.

WW

cdtgray once bubbled...
Once again the DIR crowd has taken over a thread. The original questions posted by cadet diver have nothing to do with what DIR considers to be acceptable depth limits for their Tech 1 class.

Cadet diver asked if:
1. A dive to 200 fsw for 15 min. on 21/35 with a single deco gas of 50/50 has been common for anyone else on the board.

2. If anyone has had problems getting appropriate sized stage bottles in the Bahamas.

The first question was answered well in that the depth/time seem about right and the use of just 50/50 may be preferable to 80/20 or O2 if only one deco bottle is available. Also that 21/35 may be a little hot, but fits within TDI guidlines and has been done by others on the board.

No one has given any info regarding the second question.

While I have nothing against DIR and those whose choose to adhere strictly to DIR principles, I do have a problem when every post on this board turns into a DIR discussion.

I kindof meandered the thread because the question of what the "acceptable" mix was for a normoxic cert diver. It had nothing to do with DIR, nor did any of the responses. The depth question was, again, in response to mix content and was actually directed at a shop owner for his input.

I didn't even notice the part about the tanks.

BTW, you might want to get a rather thick wetsuit to protect that fragile skin of yours. And no, I am not "DIR", but thanks for asking...

MD

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

While I am truly sorry for the distress this has caused you...

I think you will find that accepting that fact will go a long ways to relieving your angst.

Ahh, you're good...you're really good :mean:

I just want to say that I think you guys answered my question and I appreciate the help. I don't care if people are DIR or not, whatever floats your boat.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom